6.5.4 syst Requirements Problem.

Im still having problems.,

having done almost everything, i cant figure why my cpu meter (the one at the left of my transport window) sometimes colapse, and cause freezing when i play with two keys both via usb…

I can see the meter clicking red, and if continue playing from red to crash and then continues as if there were no problems at all.

My Dpc latencyt monitor shows that i should be able to run my system without drops.

Are the updates ok? Two weeks passed since i started looking for an answer, does anybody have the same problem?

If you check on the previous posts you will see i ve done everything i could, unistalling, erasing prefs , cleaning, defrag, desactivate AVG, etc.

theres someone there? steinberg? hello!
need help

Dear JSS,

have you performed a new fresh installation of Windows 7?

This is first recommendation we can give you at this moment.
I already answered your support request to Steinberg HQ, it seems that your MSinfo32- file you have sent is not complete, we need the full file not only parts of it.

Cheers,

Marcus

Dont understand why my Os is having problem, if i was fine with C5.
Ideed, this must be the opposite! More ram available (64 bit), ergo more Ram more stable the system should be.

gonna open msinfo 32 while playing cubase. and after a few hours im gonna do the export. is that what you mean>?
The same question i asked via you email marcus!!

Please stay tuned. Im on fire my friend. and really love Cubase. This is my love number one. I need it or i wont survive.

)

J

Hi jss,

you have written in the other post that you have used Spybot SD and other tools in order to clean your computer
and the registry, we can not analyze the changes or what maybe has been changed.

And this is why I recommend to perform a fresh installation, maybe your issues are simply gone after the fresh installation.
It is normally just a thing of 2-3 hours, but the discussion if you should or should not now lasts for one or two weeks…

And again the MSinfo32- log file is not complete and I can not analyze your PC without the FULL data!

• Are you in contact with Sony regarding a possible new BIOS?

• Can you try to deactivate the NVidia Geforce/ATI Radeon 3d acceleration? Or activate it permanently please? (if there is one build in your computer)

Cheers,

Marcus

yesterday, at nigth, i installed the 32 bit version…and guess what!? quit crash, i had to use task mannager to quit.

Services of Nvidia are disable, stereotopic 3d acelerator, nvidia display driver , and update service deamon, all oof nvidia are down., disabled.

Msinfo. Ive done what you told me./…dont know why are you seeing msinfo empty.
Here is the copy,

Edited by Administrator Deleted*

Hi Jss,

I think maybe we have got a real problem in the communication, maybe it is better if you write in Spanish to my colleagues here in the Steinberg HQ or in Argentina?
If I remember right you were living in Argentina???

A MSinfo32 shows the installed software, hardware, error logs etc.
In your MSinfo32 is only one part of these information.

Ive done what you told me …waited for a couple of minutes, and made the export of msinfo32.

I can understad english!, if you see gramatical errors dont worrie, i do comprehend almost everything you say.

If you still want to foward me to a native spanish speaker i really do not mind at all!!!1

I need help. the copy of msinfo 32 is now erased, why?

Wich part i ve missed? Let me know, as im here to get thing done. Im wainting here.

Hi JSS,

the MSinfo32 you have posted here was too long for the forum, that is why I deleted it (and not complete).
The reason why I suggest a Spanish speaking colleague is, that he maybe can lead you in
a more effective way in Spanish.
But he will also need a MSinfo32- Log and as I have now recommended several times:
**- Re-Install Windows 7 from the scratch, please.

• Get in contact with Sony for a possible BIOS Update**

Maybe it is just a small thing, but we will have to search a needle in a haystack, without knowing what you or your software has done wrong maybe. A fresh installation of Windows is for all of us the best way.

Cpu meter problem solved/ Oxygen 24 problem …i tried with different cables, but never thought that the keyboard it self was having problems with the midi send info.

DO NOT BUY MAUDIO GUYS…have issues with axiom pro as well. *(the axiom control surface makes my system crash everytime i try to use it) DO NOT BUY MAUDIO/

But im still having to wait for hours each time i start cubase, or change patches of the Omnisphere.

Yesterday the Live project (in 64 bits) was working good. Dont feel goog waiting so much for each task, but at least i have my system on the move!

And as i said before to you, supporters, im gonna try avoiding reinstalling from zero my system. THats a lot of time waisted. So, if i can make the system run as it should, as i did with C5 (with the SAME BIOS), im gonna feel happy again.

IF, i continue having issues, of course, next step would be installing windows again.

finalmente (estoy hablando español, no hay seccion de español en el foro) Voy a tener que instalar desde cero todo mi sistema.

Cubase 4 y 5 anduvieron perfectamente, ahora, habiendo comprado la ultima version, me encuentro con que tengo que desinstalar todos mis programas e instalar todos mis programas de nuevo (todos, dias de instalacion)

Espero, que despues de instalar todo de cero, actualizando Bios, y lo que haya que hacer, el cubase funcione…

Mi problema es que tengo que esperar mucho para cada tarea q le indico a cubase, sea un tarea simple (como browsear un patch en un vst) hasta cerrar el programa. TARDA MIL AÑOS PARA CADA COSA QUE HAGOOOOOO
Ya los 5ms de latencia estan siendo pocos, cuando en c5 andaba perfecto.

Algo no esta bien, ojala sea mi maquina (?) PEro insisto, las versiones anteriores funcionaban PERFECTAMENTE…
Si llego a tener problemas luego de la reinstalacion me voy a sentir profundamente malª!

I’m going to answer in portuguese, because it is somehow similar to spanish, and I think he will understand it better

Vou te responder em português mesmo (sou do Brasil), acho que boa parte você entenderá (assim como compreendo praticamente tudo o que escreveu em espanhol):

Você já reinstalou tudo? Como procedeu? Foi uma formatação completa do sistema ou apenas desinstalou os programas para tentar limpar os problemas?

Eu faria a formatação e reinstalação completa do sistema. E colocaria o Cubase e os drivers de audio como primeiros programas a serem instalados (depois do sistema e updates de segurança da máquina). Então testaria o comportamento dele no novo ambiente.

Estimado, gracias por la atencion!

No me queda mas remedio que hacer un system restore. Y luego desde cero instalar todo nuevamente. Una vez ahi, sabre si cubase realmente funcionara bien en mi computadora.

Recien estuve probando el sistema, y en 32 bits hubo un crash de audio, mientras tocaba un vst instrumet.

Evidentemente es mi ultima opcion, espero tener novedades.

gracias

System restore, and still having problems with cubase…tHIS IS NOT GOOD…

If someone has problem with Asio time Usage please report…

Drops, cpu meter in 50 % or more, with a clean project, only playing Ivory…wich i use for Live prformance…

Really need help here…

Im trying to put thing on the table here…Yesterday i found this post, on another forum, I only copy this in order to let other people see that im having the same problem as this post shows./…

Don’t know what went on in the Spanish/Portuguese section, but did you reinstall from zero, like Marcus suggested?

Arjan, I suggested in portuguese a complete fresh reinstall, exactly like Marcus said earlier. Maybe this will be the only solution.

Guys!

I have made a defrag after installing only Cubase and Ivory.
First notes played with my keyboard and the Cpu metter was very high, and made some drops, but then i coould play for a while without having problems. But i have to continue testing. Im on it rigth now.

If i dont see any progress i will have to check if the Bios is on date. >LAST STEP Before breakdown!!!

SO…Dear supporters , is not my intention to rant with no reason. I really love the work you ve been doing with this platform of steinberg.

in the previous post you can see a copy of gearslutz’ post, of a guy that had the same problem, excactly the same. I wish i could know what was the solution to his problem, if there is one…thats whay i copy that post, not with bad intentions, but to fill with more info, as he wrote the post in a much proper way than i did.
Excuse my english , those who may feel irritated with my poor language. IM from ARGENTINA, and there are no spanish areas in this froum… :slight_smile:

Restore means from scratch. Indeed, i made a fresh install.

I forgot a really interesting fact.

After restoring my system the VIDEO LAG , or video problems, appears to be STABLE> i can open and close cubae like i did with C5, and can also move from one window to another without having to wait for hours…
I can press f3 and the windows mixer will open as quick as it should/

Let me get to you all at nigth after testing again, so i can finish my report…

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR ATENTION!!! seriously!