64 bit cubase 5

I have just moved to 64 bit cubase 5, unfortunately it just seems much heavier on the cpu, so i’m getting loads of pops and stuttering, which never happenned in 32 bit
Any ideas, and will this get better when I upgrade to Pro 8

windows 7
quad core i7 2.3ghz
8 gig ram

Cant speak to the upgrade - but if you have lots of 32 bit pluggins the bridging software adds a bit of latency. When I first switched to c6 64 I noticed if I avoided any 32 bit pluggins I had better performance (that wasnt a scientific test - just as I worked with the versions ).

Also If I remember correctly, users complained the original bridging app that converted plugs from 32 to 64 and vice versa was a little troublesome. I never ran c5 - jumped from c4- c6 so I could be dead wrong there.

HTH

I would suggest the upgrade to Cubase Pro 8 is an absolute no-brainer. The jump in stability and features is like night and day.

If you still have any 32-bit plugins that you can’t eliminate, you can still gain in stability and performance by upgrading to Cubase Pro 8 – you can also install both the 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Cubase Pro 8 side-by-side on the same machine, keeping separate folders for 32-bit and 64-bit plugins, as you gradually migrate.