I’m wondering what actual problem you solved by copying the dlls around (?)
Greetings; When i originally installed Cubase 5 x64 (which i went to straight from SX3), Rex loops were not showing up in the media bay or any other Cubase content browser, and i couldn’t use Rex/Rex2 stuff at all – judging from what i’ve seen in various forum threads, i thought this was a common problem with Cubase x64.
Once i installed NI’s rewire 64.dll in the Cubase folder, i could use Rex stuff fine. (As an aside, i’ve got Sonar X1 x64 Producer installed on my DAW, and Rex loops always worked fine with it.)
I can see your point about starting off with Rewire VST, then eventually having to reroute all your songs once Cubase eventually implements a solution of its own. I’ve had three or four different audio interfaces in the past couple years, and every time i got a new one, i would have to change the i/o routings for every single previousl-started project that i continued to tinker with, a real PITA.