64 bits

wow - you gotta post some of that stuff.

I see that several of you are having positive experiences with 64 bits. Mine has been SLOW. The plug-ins in my template take a long time to load and my save time is three times as long.

The majority of the plug-ins I use in 64 bit Nuendo are bridged and I am wondering if this is what is contributing to my problems.

Does anyone have some insight as to why I would be experiencing this problem?

In my situation I have the feeling that I can go higher with CPU - I can max out completely without crackle - because all 8 cores are used quite equal. In 32bit without bridge I often have the problem that the load is not spread ballanced so I am maxing out at 90% while system is only at 45%… It was always that way, in all Cubase and Nuendo Versions - since V4 it was way better, virtually I had double the power back those days, but it was never perfect.
Maybe those jbridge processes are spreading more ballanced to the cores?

Regarding save-time:

Mh, well - it takes long! AUtosave every 10 minutes here. THis is a good compromise between security and workflow. 2 min would be nasty as well as … well… I usually do not have any crashes. But all I can say is that save-time was allways long as hell in 32bit! I can not tell about any difference here… When thinking about the pure size of that particular project I even would say it is quite fast. Lets say it is 7 seconds - the npr is about 100 mb and the project, just read above.

Yea, Steve, I will send you - but I can’t upload public…

I’m hanging back using the 64 bit version at the moment until Waves release their 64 bit plug ins (hopefully later this month i understand).

Also, i hear that i cannot use Rewire in 64 bit mode (to use Reason rewired into Nuendo). I saw on another post on here that they will include this with the next maintenance upgrade for Nuendo 5.5.

Can anyone on here confirm or deny this, or is it rumour ?