64bit only-a bit too soon?

I totally agree !

Would you elaborate on that? I didn’t think there was any inherent difference in terms of audio quality?

I was rather keen on the Variety of Sound stuff. Density and the like. However when I used it through JBridge in the 64 bit version of Cubase I did not like them so much - the seemed slightly coarser/not as smooth as I remembered. Slick however in the vst3 64bit version I still use.

However you are probably right. Although I would say that a lot of developers have improved their plugins considerably so comparisons between their 32 bit versions is not very fair.

I’ve been on 64bit OS for a few years now but I still use the Cubase 32bit VST Link to use old 32bit plugins. It will be hard to forget all the old plugins when V9 comes along… Most manufacturers have updated, and I just wish that Steinberg would update the rest of their old legacy plugins - like ModDelay :slight_smile:

Mike.

I told Steve In Chicago that’d I’d report on 32 Lives in C9 in this thread. Works a charm. Everything came back and everything that didn’t was brought back through the new C9 Plug-In Manager’s Blacklist function. Pretty damn painless.

I really hope Sound Radix considers making this available for PC users because it just blows the doors off of JBridge. I mean they’re probably making healthy dough off the Mac community…but they could do Ferrari money if they opened the doors to the PC folks.

Thanks for keeping it in mind.

That sounds pretty amazing. I read some encouraging news in one of the C9 threads about jBridge, maybe that developer will work on the functionality- but the price is in a different class, more like Yugo money :wink: so that might hold development back.

Would be a dream come true for the PC. :wink: