7.0.1 UX Became Unresponsive

While working on a project, the UX of Cubase 7.0.1 x64 (windows7) stopped responding. Everything appeared normal but no key commands or mouse interaction would work. Using the play and stop on the CMC-TP still worked and the transport still counted and the current time locator moved while the music played.

The last thing I did was choose to insert an instrument track and then chose cancel instead of choosing an instrument.

Aloha l,
I do remember a post a while back (long before C7) that reported a similar issue.

choose to insert an instrument track and then chose cancel

I believe the prob effected some folks and not others and eventually I
did not see anymore posts about it.

I figured it got fixed in an update but maybe it’s back again.

I’ll try and find that thread. It may be in the old forum.

{’-’}

This seems like a window handling bug as the app is still running but the UX won’t respond to clicks or keys (but does respond to MIDI from the CMC controllers)