I had this problem with version 7.02-7.03. I’ll copy and paste what I wrote in another thread:
Are you starting a new project or opening an old one?
An update for those interested:
I opened an old project and my problem returned (the last channel was partly hidden in the mixconsole). It seems some of the console settings are stored in the .cpr file and the will overwrite whatever is in the preferences folder (just a guess). Here is how I fixed it for my old project:
- Make a backup of “c:\Users\tanant\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Cubase 7_64”
- Delete the folder and make sure no other preference folders are located under “c:\Users\tanant\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg”, including folders you have renamed, because Cubase will find them and import them.
- Start Cubase
- Exit Cubase
- Set the files “frame.xml” and “Window Layouts.xml” to read-only.
- Start Cubase and load your old file. The mixconsole should be ok at this stage.
- Save your project (perhaps with a new name if you’re paranoid)
- Exit Cubase and copy your old preferences back to “c:\Users\tanant\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Cubase 7_64”
- Delete “frame.xml” and “Window Layouts.xml” just to be sure.
- Open Cubase and open your old file. It should now display the last channel correctly.
Not sure if it will work this time around because I haven’t had the problem, but it’s worth a shot.