7.0.7 opinions? is it stable?

hi,
i want to update from 7.0.6 to 7.0.7 but I want to make sure that it doesn’t have any unusual bugs…

can you give me a green light? (:
Thanks!

It is stable, albeit with the odd impaired feature.

It’s stable, but it still has huge bugs…

If anyone uses the term “bug” I believe that it should be qualified.

Bug like this Gate missing in strip channel (Cubase 7.0.7) - Cubase - Steinberg Forums ?

Good point but is it not plugin specific?

Well is the strip channel that comes with C7

I think you will find the strip modules are actually VST plugins.

Yeap but those are embedded in the source code so…

If 7.0.6 is working for you than 7.0.7 should be fine. My only issue was the crash on quit. From 7.0.5 to 7.0.7 which is still doing it. It’s no longer an issue since I updated to 7.5 which is rock solid stable.

VST is a separate specification, how the plugins are used in terms of modules (programming) is another matter but the problems still probably stem from the plugin.

Could be. I send the project to steiny by Mail. Let’s wait to see what was the problem.

Ok, looks like this IS a bug and is already in the steinberg bug database.

Hi guys,

you have gone completely out off topic here. If you already have a thread open about that issue, how about talking about it there? Gate missing in strip channel (Cubase 7.0.7) - Cubase - Steinberg Forums

Regards

OP, it is pretty stable but for, as indicated, the crash on quit bug.

Also, it might crash inside the key editor if you’re working very fast. Some plugins (Klanghelm, Waves) don’t bypass properly which can cause internal conflicts, ie. no sound until restart. The editor crash seems to be just me, the others have been verified.

Save before doing big stuff… which is always the case anyways, but in this case, either autosave or manually do it regularly. But nothing showstopping.

BTW, Mac ML.

But these aren’t “bugs” parse, they are either due to obsolete processor code, BIOS interaction or poor system optimisation.

OK.

Well whatever it is, I know lots of users share the same issues with “code” or have poor system optimization, in which we did not have those issues before… but overall the update is working fine.

Honestly, I think it should not be on the user to have to work this hard to get stuff working. We should be able to engineer and create with a general technical knowledge of course, but we are asked to be developers, programmers, etc. We get used to dealing with this stuff, it does not mean it’s right. Herein lies the problem with computers. The more complexity, the more variables, the less time you spend on craft, more time on fixing.

Imagine when everything is run by computer. Glad I’ll be dead then. I don’t want to use any more left brain than I need. Have fun fixing your robots and defending the company that makes them but does not optimize them. Instead of living your life, you will have to become part robot operator.

I think this is a deep and meaningful comment but I will say this:

I am using Windows 8.1 with UEFI BIOS and a modern CPU (AMD FM2) which has all the necessary multimedia instructions embedded, and a 4K physical cluster enterprise hard disk and Cubase has never worked better.

While I am experiencing problems with the eLc stick, the actual program itself works very well so in that respect I am tending to my “robot” each time I start Cubase but to be able to access such functions as Chord Track/recognition, which previous versions of Cubase don’t have, it is a must to have a system which is up to date and functional.

Hi

+1

Cheers