With AI 7.06 64-bit (and I think also 7.00 64-bit) but not AI 6 32-bit, when I click on the AI7 shortcut, the grey screen is painted and I am asked to select USB or FW ASIO for my new UR28M (which is connected). The initial control panel opens. But when I press ‘cancel’ to close the control panel, and as the upper menu and lower controls appear, a windows dialog appears saying Cubase AI 7 has stopped working, reason unknown. This happens every single time. I’m in Win 8.1 64-bit. My CPU is Intel i5. No other programs are open. Summarizing:
- Connect UR28M to USB2 port and turn it on. (a chime sounds)
- Click Cubase AI7 shortcut icon
- Select ASIO
- Cancel out of the control panel thing
- Read the windows error message.
- Listen to bandmates saying I should have bought a Zoom or something.