7.03 - processing of audio clip is destructive?

seems like processing of audio clips with a plug in is destructive in 7.03

if i process a clip with a plug-in looks like there is no process history and no little icon in the pool to show that a process has been applied… seems its just applies it and freezes those edits? worrying…

anyone else seeing this?

Offline processing is- and has always been destructive.

No.

Works as expected here…shows in both the standard history and the offline process history and has the icon in the pool.

very strange, when I ‘process’ any piece of audio, plug-in and Cubase process, I have no ‘offline process history’ or icon in the pool, seems to commit it permanently.

I’ve checked through preferences to see if maybe C7 had introduced a new one regarding destructiveness! but I can’t see anything…

ok figured it out…

If I create a new project then everything works as normal, process history etc… also thanks people for checking…

The problem I am having is with projects that I started in 6.07… all these projects when opened up in 7 loose the ability to go back in ‘process history’ or freeze edits as processes are permanently made…

anyone else run into this with projects from 6.07?

this is an easily reproducible bug: moderators can we move this to the bug issues…

1. create a project in Cubase 6.07
  2. record some audio in that project or, what the heck import a clip of audio
  3. stick it on an audio track
  4. close cubase 6.07
  5. open the project in cubase 7.03
  6. process that clip of audio in some way, say normalise
  7. there is no ‘process history’ or ‘freeze edits’ created… it seems that processing is destructive on the clip…

PC version of Cubase on Win 7…

7.03 is unusable for me as all projects I am working on are from 6…