7.06 ... and so it begins again...

This!

Also, are “Key editor”, “Sample editor” stays AOT ?
When MixConsole is in AOT mode, plugins still hiding under MC ?

Thank you Steinberg for listening to your customers! These are all amazing fixes!!!
I would like to know if the alt clic on a plugin’s on/off button now works as expected? This is a huge issue for
me since I often deactivate a plugin … It’s been broken since Cubase 7.0.5 and the only way to deactivate a plugin now is by opening the plugin and power it off from there.

Thx!

MMCSS…, please readhttp://www.rme-audio.de/forum/viewtopic.php?id=17575
It seems that Steinberg doesn`t know, if the asio driver or the daw should set the mmcss priority.
Let us hope it will really improve the audio stability under Windows.

Aloha guys,

From the bullet points in the C7.06 announcement.
• Printing a score under OS X now works as expected.

Nice!
{‘-’}

That’s not what RME said in that thread. If fact they re-implemented the MMCSS priority switch because of Steinberg’s suggestion. This is a feature that came out in Windows Vista and then it was forgotten because it made no difference in performance for most people. Some would actually have issues instead. Hopefully, this time around, the switch has been optimized to work correctly. We’ll find out soon enough, I guess.

Yay!

I expect it to print overlays of kittens and unicorns every second bar. Let me guess, they didn’t do it. Yet another Steinberg fail.

Right…

And yet we are still waiting the fix for hiding plugins on 2 monitors. How hard is this to fix this???

Seems we have a few threads merged together :stuck_out_tongue:

All my hardware supports MMCSS including Echo/Roland interfaces.

If RME are implementing it, then I may just consider a BabyFace :slight_smile:

I remember long ago RME swore to never use USB due to timing issues but it was Terratec who proved it could work and now the competition is furious!

Me too!!

Hoping I can finally use C7 with this release. I would like to see a fonts displayed with the same sharpness/clarity as C6.5 on Mac, but I can’t see any mention of this. Here’s hoping!

Question for Helge if I may ask

will workspaces actually follow the colour scheme defined in windows by the user for the editor windows that can be set up in workspaces?

for some time now they have used a pale blue when this is not the scheme defined by the user for their editor windows

I currently use stardock to work around this, but this is an add on it should just behave as expected?

Thanks Steinberg, great improvements. I’m looking forward to using C7.0.6!

Yes, I’m keeping my fingers crossed for improvements here as well. Otherwise the update is looking good :slight_smile:

+1

It’s about time, after donating for being an active payer of beta spectating (not tasting, mind you), that I’ll start using this great software.
(not that I mind using 6.5.5… it’s AWESOME. but it would be nice to move on, and enjoy better performance with this version).

I do have hopes for the mixer, as I still have problems getting used to it (going back to 6.5.5 - as of now - feels like going home).

+1 … to every single word …

Sadly I’ll porbably have to wait a few month (years) longer, to step up from C6.5.5.
I need to see all send levels at once ( not one at ‘hoover time’ ).

Jan

Very important features mentioned here. In addition to the long desired “bounce in place” feature and improvements to side-chaining this could very make Cubase the best DAW.

That one was sorted, judging by the video of the beta 7.0.6

Huge +1 and I’m adding:

-undo/redo on the mixer
-undo/redo on all plugins
-ability to move tracks/channels from the mixer
-No more I/O or Routing limits
-No more focus problems
-the ability to edit/tweak frozen tracks
-Better transient detection and tempo detection
-Mono/Stereo switch on all tracks/Channels
-an update to groove agent one (midi learn, more options ect)
-Variaudio improvent (an easy way to make note transitions natural regardless of the straighten or pitch change you made)

Your sugestions + those would make me the happiest customer in the world