7.10 & 7.11 crashing on opening (certain situations)

If I leave a file open in WL7 (Montage or Audio File) when closing the software, it crashes on opening the next time. The previously opened file will display for a moment and then WL crashes (at the point it would display the folder icons in empty Workspaces). If I close out everything I’m working on, WL opens normally.

My work around has been to save a General.dat file (from an empty startup) in a BU position, then put it in the Preferences folder to get a empty (and successful) startup.

This started happening a few days ago. I have since uninstalled/reinstalled 7.11 (allowing the software to choose the folder options) with no success.

Anyone know what might be happening?

Thanks,

BW

Does it happen always? Else, with what type of file? If you erase (backup) the WaveLab preferences (no need to reinstall), does this change something?).

Windows 7/Vista settings:
C:\Users[UserName]\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\WaveLab 7
Windows XP
C:\Documents and Settins[UserName]\AppData\Steinberg\WaveLab 7\

[quote=“PG”]Does it happen always? Else, with what type of file? If you erase (backup) the WaveLab preferences (no need to reinstall), does this change something?).

I believe I have isolated the problem. The problem occurs when using the “Factory Preset: Modderate” to open an empty Montage Workspace. Specifically the File Browser (which is part of that preset). If the File Browser is open, exiting WL with any open file (Montage or Audio File), will cause a crash on the next open.

If the File Browser is removed from the Montage Workspace, everything functions normally. It doesn’t seem to matter where the File Browser is pointing – just it’s presence is enough to cause the crash.

Thanks,

BW

What is your OS?

XP Pro SP3

BW