7.2.1 much better with Waves but still some crashes

Hi there,

The 7.2.1 made a huge difference when batching with Waves plugins but I still have occasional crashes. They seem to be limited to when I have multiple (at least 4) batch tabs processing in a series.

I mainly use the X-noise Waves plugin (latest version) with other (non waves) plugs in my chain and when Wavelab reports an error, it is always referring to the waves plugin.

As I said, the errors are more seldom but only happen when there are multiple tabs processing.
The most common error is the “a serious problem with the plugin…” sometime the batch will proceed after Okaying the message and sometimes it will halt.

Hopefully this can be fixed…I was hoping to have a multitude of tabs open and batch them all in series.

Thanks,

Eitan

I would be surprised that the problem is related to the number of open tabs, because the message you get, is about an internal plugin error. Or maybe, maybe, if the error happens at the end of processing a full batch (tab), before starting a new tab (ie. at the transition).
You could try, then, to make a “pause” by running any external tool (cf. “External tool”). This tool would do nothing but spend a little time doing anything, to make a small break between 2 batches. I really don’t know if that can help (I must say, I would be surprised), but you can still try.

Hi there,

The errors never happen at the end of a batch. But they sometimes happen at the very beginning of a new tab.
Also, after clearing the error and observing the tabs, I can see that there are sometimes errors on multiple tabs as if Wavelab was trying to initiate more than one tab at once…and perhaps leading to a crash?

Or there are still issues with Waves.
By the way, I am working at 24 bbit 96 Khz.

Hopefully you will have some findings. Let me know if there are any specific things you would like me to try.

Thanks,

Eitan

After a few more days of heavy batches I can see that internal plugin crashes are not as bad but the still occur.

I was able to isolate it to the following:

• It seems like it only happens with Waves (I mostly use X-noise)
  • It only happens if I have several tabs of batches that run in series.
  • When a crash occurs it is always towards the end of the batch. Clearing the error message shows that at least 2 batches were executed at the same time because I see red circles on files in both. Usually the first batch with errors will get stuck somewhere in the middle, but the batch after it will have a red icon on the first file of the batch.

Hopefully you can figure this out.

Thanks,

Eitan

I will try to reproduce this on tomorrow, but I don’t have this particular plugin at my disposal.

You can get a 14 day trial at waves.com…should be enough.

Thanks!

Eitan