7.5.10 discussion and questions

we never get it until america has got it’s arse out of bed !

lol So 3 pm at the earliest!

It’s there!.. Only 42 MB? :nerd:

I used Sonar for 13 years. it was absolutely fantastic - right up to the X series and then it was crashtastic. :frowning:

I stuck with it until X2 and then jumped ship to Cubase.

My pateience ran out because Cakewalk did not address bugs between releases and their customer service disappeared overnight. To be fair many Sonar users did not experience the same issues I had. I suspect there was something in my set up it didn’t like. :nerd:

Since moving to Cubase - I have had zero stability issues - 7 point releases and hopefully another one (7.5.10) later today. Its been pretty fantastic so far and I’ve been really impressed with Steinberg.

Installed in less than 10 seconds… lol

Checking it out now

:nerd:

OS X is a bit more: 565 mb …still loading. So what’s the difference to Windows?

I think there were more complaints from mac users so not surprised on the larger size…that said, my projects do not open any faster and I see no noticeable difference…
:nerd:

Installed (win 64bit v.)

Still no grid in audiowarp.

The mute bug with instruments track(mute button not lighting up when muting via keycommand) still there.

Loading of projects is a tad faster.

j

Installed and one improvement found, my old project from 7.05 would not load into C7.5, it now loads again.

Happy with that 'cause of the work put into this project regarding chords progression.

+1 for now! :smiley:

OS X is a bit more: 565 mb …still loading. So what’s the difference to Windows?

I think MAC carries more binaries for other version OS where windows only needs a 32 and 64 bit version of the software update.

It staggers me when people give it the “don’t complain” routine, either in the “don’t complain, they’ll take away our toys”, or “go get something you do like”. neither of which are logically valid.

There’s an “ISSUES” section. That is the place to complain. It would help if 10% of “complainers” actually knew anything about the computer they are using and the capabilities and limitations of a DAW. AND knew there is an “ISSUES” section.
You will also notice that those who KNOW how to complain in a businesslike manner, as opposed to those who don’t give any system details or a detailed breakdown of the exact problem or even how to address the people they are trying to communicate with, DO NOT get adverse responses.
What should stagger you is the “logical validity” of buying $2,000 to $3,000 plus worth of equipment (or so they claim) to do a job that takes 5 to 10 years to learn to an industrial standard (which some also claim) and then complain about an extra button every day for months AND they still haven’t worked out where the “ISSUES” section is.
Garbage in garbage out. No logical validity for complaint equals no logically valid response.
But of course our hearts go out to those who do not know what’s gone wrong… :laughing: because we’ve all been there.

Sorry if this is off topic, but where is this land of customer service that you come from. I live in Spain and it certainly isn’t here.

Do not forget that moaners often only moan and forget to issue an request for support which is found in the member section when you login into Steinberg account.

“Ask not what your country can do for you. Rather, ask what you can do for your country”.

“We have nothing to fear but fear itself”.

“Goo goo goo-joob”.

https://www.steinberg.net/en/support/knowledgebase_new/show_details/kb_show/steinberg-product-compatibility-info-regarding-microsoft-windows-81 (Windows 8.1 compatibility: Cubase 7.06 , as of Jan 9, 2014).

Nice links in the sig Alexis.

Still Rock Solid no issues. Cubase has been working as solid as any other App on my MBP…
NO CRASHES or issues since I updated. Great job Steinberg… :smiley:

Is it just me so lucky to update 7.5.10? (win7 x64, cub x64)

1. in the project window no grid, color change in the settings does not help.
  2. if you draw a MIDI clip in the instrument or midi track and double-click, instead open еditor cubase hangs.

WTF?

Update:
works after removed C:\Users\NAME\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Cubase 7.5_64
but this is not normally :imp:

I must add that I’ve always had some unstable environment in the past. Sometimes Cubase crashed (most because of 3rd party VSTs) or whatever. And I have only legal software on my system. Dont even use internet beside activating softwares. BUT, after upgrading to Cubase 7.5 its been stable as F*CK! Absolutely amazed about how stable the system is now. Loading big projects and CPU still low. Havent had a crash either since upgrading. Knoking on wood…

Steinberg. Cubase 7.5 and Windows 7 x64 are happily married!! Feel I can really focus on music now and not have to deal with trying to fix stuff concering setup. This is great work Steinberg!

I don’t know if this is a 7.5.10 bug or not but the Kontakt 5 plug in is behaving really weirdly. The resizing corner (bottom right) of the Kontakt plug in doesn’t resize the window. Instead, it scrolls the internal contents. Well, on my system (Mac 10.8) anyway.

Kontakt 5 has recently been updated and I’ve checked that it all works well there which is why I’m now wondering whether this isn’t a fault / incompatibility issue with Cubase 7.5.

Project grid is still there. Trash pref’s?