7.5 issues after Ram and SSD upgrade

My personal experience after upgrading my 2012 MBP with an SSD and 16 GB Ram. Issues I had after my upgrade.

After a fresh install of OSX 10.9.4.

Cubase 7.5 Issues:
Missing midi presets, reverence presets, groove agent presets-EDM midi loops, padshop and loopmash content, were all missing. SCARY :astonished:

Solutions: Reinstall all cubase versions from 6, 6.5, 7 and padshopā€™s additional content SOLVED those issues. :wink:

Looks like 7.5 needs previous versions. I also had some minor issues with my Native Instruments plugins now all solved. :confused:

It was a bit scary but worth it. I would recommend this to anyone but give yourself 24-48 downtime. :nerd:

Now my MBP can start in about 8 seconds, shutdown in 1 second, Cubase 7.5 loads in 10 seconds. 2 seconds faster than my old HDD. Iā€™m not sure why cubase is not loading faster but samples/sounds load almost instantly. :ugeek:

Once you go SSD you never go back. Iā€™m using 3 SSD drives now, one for OS, the other for vst/sample libraries and third audio project file and other misc stuff.

Damnā€¦ is it a fact that everyone who installs 7.5 only will have this issue? I just reinstalled everything a few days ago using only the 7.5 ISOā€™s and havenā€™t checked for this problem yet. Did you have to uninstall 7.5 and then install the previous versions or did you leave your 7.5 installation and then install the previous versions?

I had this reinstall question in my own thread. If this issue is true, then thereā€™s nothing more frustrating than getting wrong information from a support team about the product they support!

All I had to do was install 6, 6.5 and 7. I didnā€™t have to uninstall 7.5. Everything seems to be working okay for now
But last night I had another issue, I was missing the path to the 300 halion hybrid sounds. I could load them with 6.5 but not 7.5. The solution was to reinstall 7.5. Looks like I should always install earlier versions first to avoid this issue. I only wanted 7.5 on my new drive but itā€™s all good.

it sounds like I should uninstall 7.5 and start from 6ā€¦as I originally thoughtā€¦

Well I just checked my 7.5 installation and I havenā€™t experienced any of the missing content that you had. Maybe itā€™s the way you installed it?

I installed 7.5 (both 32 & 64-bit versions) using the 2 ā€œCOMPLETE INSTALLATIONā€ ISOā€™s from the Steinberg Cubase support page.
I patched both versions with the 7.5.20 maintenance patch.
When I did the installation, I used all default file paths.

7.5 is the only Cubase version on my new workstation and there is no missing content. It appears I was given the correct information from Tech Support!

Curious if you deviated from what I had done that you were missing so much.