The first project (from 7.5) I loaded into 8 sounded totally off.
What was very obvious was a reverb return on a SD that was way too loud.
It took me two days of testing why the reverb on a SD was coming back a lot louder, scratching my head what was causing this.
The chain was SD (FX send to stereo FX return)
FX return: High-Cut (3.85kHz) > Slate Virtual Channel > Altiverb 6 via Jbridge > Kickstart
I ran another set of tests with the High-Cut bypassed in both C7.5 and C8 and they aligned again.
It turned out that the High-Cut Filter is the culprit.
I use the High-Cut a lot throughout my projects and therefore I can’t use C8 to continue working on my album that I began with C7.5.
This is a SERIOUS fault and I regret I spent money on the update.
Steinberg, please confirm if this is a bug. The project I have here is rather large and I don’t have the time to suggest a way to reproduce this. Maybe you can do this or someone else.