8.0.2 GUI issue Ozone 5 & Waves

Here’s a video capture of the problem:

This is what I understood. But I can’t reproduce this here.
As far as I understand, this is the only plugin you have with a problem? iLok issues are solved, right?
Maybe you should ask Izotope about this issue?

Fair enough. More importantly, how can we fix this Ozone 5 GUI issue?

Everything is a fresh install.

Ozone 5.04
Wavelab 8.0.2
Mac Pro 8GB Ram

Ozone 5 is the only plug-in I have noticed this problem with. I have brought it to their attention as well.

Thanks,

so it works only in montage? I thought it should work in a single clip mastering mode as well. I don’t get the idea behind it then:)

so it works only in montage? I thought it should work in a single clip mastering mode as well. I don’t get the idea behind it then:)

Maybe you are looking for this option?..
2013-07-05_10-36-20.png

This looks more like it, will try it out.

Thanx PG!

Hi PG,

yeah this option works well, but i had to remove plugins from master section to be able to enable it and then needed to add plugins again. Would be cool if WL could do it automatically:)

Still in 32bit I get GUI windows mess.

Attaching some print screens. Please PG, tell me if this will never be fixed and I will stop talking about it:)

As you can see Blue cat analyser GUI is not visible at all. Also Izotope mbit dithering one is blank and it appears only if I click on it again.

Have you tried reproducing this ting on different macs or only on one? There is surely some mess in code, cant be all good if its not:)

Also while playing the track and enabling Izotope Ozone there is a crackling sound. I have to stop and play again for correct playback.

Such things dont happen in any other daw, why WL is so vulnerable?

Regards
Denis

Do you get the same problem if you don’t use Chain Plugin Windows? In your example, you have 11 plugins, maybe one of them is causing some disorder.
I know SlateDigital is working on updates of their plugins. I had some talk with them about compatibility issues.

Yeah I get similar problems without Chain Plugin window. So the only solution is to wait and see how it goes with further updates from plugin manufacturers then? If its only their fault:)

I have been in touch with iZotope but they couldn’t recreate it either and are looking further into it. They are a little slow at response.

I hope we don’t have to wait another 2 or 3 months for a fix for this since it was reported right when WL8 was released and possibly even back in WL7 but I can’t remember.

I just did a test on my MacBook Pro and I didn’t seem to have the issue. This is strange because it’s the same software versions and also because I pasted my WL8 preferences from my Mac Pro (which has the issue) to my MacBook Pro (which seems ok).

Does this info help to find the source of the problem?

I know this might sound silly but have you uninstalled and then re-installed wavelab?
I had the same issues prior to 8.02 but as mentioned it works now for me.

Maybe something got corrupted

Interesting, I will try to uninstall Wavelab and re-install 8.0.2. Maybe I won’t import any preferences at first and just see if the problem is fixed with the default settings and go from there.

I’m guessing the Wavelab installer also has an uninstaller? If not, is there a good way to install Wavelab and remove all preference and other files so it’s a full uninstall?

I just discovered that the Ozone 5 issue exists on my Mac Pro, but NOT on the MacBook Pro. This is interesting because all the software versions are the same, and I actually pasted my custom Wavelab 8 prefs to the MacBook Pro from the Mac Pro.

I will try a fresh install of 8.0.2 when I return to it, but in the meantime, maybe there is something in the preference files that PG can find an issue with:

Wavelab 8 Prefs from Mac Pro:

Dropbox - Error 8.zip

Wavelab 8 Prefs from MacBook Pro:

Dropbox - Error 8_MBP.zip

Manually deleting the Wavelab 8 app and Wavelab 8 Preferences folder, and re-installing 8.0.2 fresh DID NOT solve the Ozone 5 GUI problem. When WL8 launched for the the first time, I didn’t choose to import any preferences from WL7, I left it as the default new WL settings.

One interesting thing I found was that with the fresh install of WL8, it wouldn’t allow me to do a plugin window chain on plugins in the main master section as Emery was trying to do earlier in this thread. The chain window would only work on clips, tracks and montage master, but not on the main master section as I have been able to do in the past.

Once I pasted back my old Wavelab 8 preference folder I was able to use the plugin chain window on the master master section.

This seems strange right?

One interesting thing I found was that with the fresh install of WL8, it wouldn’t allow me to do a plugin window chain on plugins in the main master section as Emery was trying to do earlier in this thread.

This option is Off by default in the Master Section, and On by default in the montage.

Ah ha, I forgot that the master section has it’s own settings for plug-in chain window that are separate from the clip/track/master that is tied to the montage.

Perhaps Emery is looking for this setting:

Yeah, this is it, thank you for helping:)

So should I also try to delete wavelab and install fresh 8.0.2

Is this a remedy then?:slight_smile:

Cheers
Emery

Trashing Wavelab 8, preference files and reinstalling 8.0.2 didn’t help my problem(s).

It’s possible it could help yours I suppose.

Hi PG.

I just reinstalled a new version of OSX, Wavelab and all plugins. At first, this solved my GUI issue with Ozone 5 having a blank GUI when using shared plugin window.

However, after pasting my old preferences folder in the library>preferences, the GUI bug is back.

My question is if there is ANY preference that might be causing this that I can delete?

Let me know your thoughts.

thanks,
Justin

I can’t think of any.
If you remove your pref (for a while), is the problem removed?