8.0.20 missing Mix Console scroll bars / how to downgrade?

Hi all,

I upgraded to 8.0.20 Pro and the scroll bars in Mix Console are now missing:

I’ve tried opening Cubase in safe mode and disabling preferences, but it’s exactly the same.

Is there any way to un-install the 8.0.20 update and go back to 8.0.10 without needing to re-install Cubase entirely?

I’m on Windows 8.1 with an Intel i7 + GeForce GTX 760.

Many thanks

Sounds like a similar problem to this guy:

RE: Rolling back. As far as I know, you’d have to reinstall Cubase entirely but perhaps someone knows otherwise.

Ah thanks - maybe a system restore will end up being the lesser of two evils :s

I’ve just seen a similar problem in the Issues forum too: http://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=230&t=73580

Cheers

Rolling back. As far as I know, you’d have to reinstall Cubase entirely but perhaps someone knows otherwise.

No need to re-install: In windows installer (Programs & Features) click the option at the left to “View installed updates” and uninstall the update.

That’s good to know.

The ability to roll back updates in Windows 7 is actually a very nice feature, that a lot of people don’t know exists. I’ve had to use it in the past, as well as with the latest Cubase update.

I had scrollbars but the bottom of the mixer was cut off. Minor but annoying.

+1 on the way Windows 7 handles updates. Great time saver!

Have you tried doing a reset of the mix console?

Hold down opt/alt while clicking on the functions menu (downward arrow on far right of toolbar by default), and select “Reset Mixconsole Windows”.

I reinstalled 8.0.20 today and reset the Mixconsole, it worked. Everything is back to business as usual.

Thanks.