8.5 Bug fix'New feature list?

Where is the usual bug fix/New Feature list?

The Version History file seems to be a list of the things that don’t work, but no list of new features and the things that have been fixed.

Yes, It would be great to see the complete list.
I searched for it but could not find it.

Maybe SB hope we all suffer from amnesia and forget that there were any bugs to be fixed.
:wink:

"Steinberg: Any chance of a full Version History document as per usual?

There’s no need to hide the fixes and new feature list is there?

Does anyone have a list of what’s fixed in 8.5?

Not that their announced bug fixes are to be taken too seriously, it usually takes them 2-3 attempts or
even more to get them right anyway. See RIP, Metronome, VCA, the ridiculous notes widget and the other various UI issues, etc.
Still, they are not even trying?

No everybody is mesmerized by a few new icons and yet another synth. The rest of us would like to know if this update is worth the trouble.

Steinberg, anybody home?
Should we assume that 8.5 has zero bug fixes?

Yes please. I thought a bug fix list was pretty much a standard thing to do.

I think this is the first time that list of bugfixes was not released.
Maybe instead we will get a list of new bugs, that were introduced with new update?

It’s an initial release, Steinberg never releases a bug fix list for initial releases.

You’ll need to wait and check the bug fix list for the upcoming 8.0.40 update. Most issues fixed there will also be in 8.5.0, except the latest fixes which may not appear until 8.5.10.

No it is not - 8.5 is a update of v8. What about all of the bugs in v8 - shouldn’t they be fixed and listed with the next update (in this case 8.5)? Are they going to be unfixed until version 9? Or never fixed?

They are just calling it an initial release so that they can justify charging for it.

Interim maintenance updates, including 0.5 updates, used to be free.

I am going to bump this thread until Steinberg decides to give us the time of day.
They’re awfully quiet these days.

Bumparooni

Im still holding out on the upgrade. I dont yet see the point in upgrading to more bug’s or the same bug’s i now have in v8.0.30 still unfixed.

Here’s some info: Cubase 8.5 Updates and Downloads | Steinberg

Maybe the documentation is not as detailed as it could be, but after updating I have to say that this is a very stable update on Win 7/64. Haven’t tested on Win 10/64 yet, too busy enjoying working in the new release. Buy a ticket, or don’t, but in my humble opinion you are missing out if you don’t. The evil empire has won me over, but then, I throw a lot of dough at Avid and Adobe too, so what do I know :wink:

Thanks, but we are looking for the bug fixes list.

bump