8.5 bug - freeze on exit is back

Removing those 4 files did the trick for me as well, but not before it claimed a song id been working on.

One thing i noticed too these files were all 32bit, and i.e. noticed 64 bit version of cubase does not play nice with 32 bit applications, wonder if there is a connection there

anyway thanks for the tipp

Hi all

I am also having this issue. Cubase 8.0.35 takes a minimum of 20 seconds to close even with no project loaded.

I have tried:

removing video components,
hiding vst2 folder,
registry GPU hack,
default preferences file,
default key commands file,
disabling ASIO guard,
disabling multi-processing,
disabling Nvidia GPU,

Various other settings tweaks and the above either alone or in combination with no success.

The issue has been present for me since C5 was released and on two machines, plus both Win 7 and Win 10.

Had to stop using C8.5 as the ASIO meter reading was totally erratic - constant movement and spikes.

Ableton 9 and Reaper 5.1 are rock solid on the same machine plus open / close almost instantly with no performance or ASIO issues.

Any further suggestions much appreciated.

Regards

Louis

the eratic CPU might be signs of other issues other then Cubase, anything thing i did and didn’t mention I saw on another thread is removing all video drivers using …

Download the latest driver as well and install them after you remove all the current video driver.

also run a malware scan as that will cause troubles as well.

All have made my system dead solid.

Cubase is a picky SOB

Also I’ve never gotten Cubase to work well on a Laptop.

Good Luck