8.5 update broke virtual keyboard?

It seems that pitch and modulation wheels in virtual keyboard don’t work in 8.5 update?

I’m simply dragging them with mouse but no midi messages are sent (also checked with MIDI Monitor)

I didn’t have much time to play with 8.0 version because update was released days after me buying Cubase 8 so I’m not really sure if I’m doing something wrong or is this a bug?

Does anyone else has the same problem? Can we report this somehow?

Hi,

This works exactly the same way, as it works in previous Cubase versions. ClLick to the virtual key, and move the mouse cursor up/down an left/right to send these MIDI messages, while the mouse button is holt down.

Thank you for the reply! :slight_smile:

I’m talking about the two sliders designated by the number 4 in the upper image. The operation manual for 8.5 clearly states on the page 222 that:

4)Pitchbend/Modulation Sliders
These sliders are only available in piano keyboard mode. > They allow you to introduce pitchbend and modulation. > You can also click on a key, hold the mouse button pressed until the mouse pointer becomes a cross-hair cursor and drag upwards/downward to introduce modulation or drag left/right to create pitchbend.

While the click-note-and-drag-mouse might be useful, I personally play virtual keyboard with PC keyboard and would like to use mouse to move modulation and pitch sliders. This is especially useful if you play chords with your PC keyboard.

Hi,

You cannot control them via the Computer Keyboard. The only one way is the one which is described in the manual and I described too. You cannot click on ti and move.

I think we have a misunderstanding here…

I would like to move those two sliders with mouse while playing notes with PC keyboard…like this:

And the operation manual clearly states that you should be able to do it.

Hi,

As far as I know, this never worked from the GUI this way.

Thanks…I guess this could be considered an old-standing bug then. Is there any chance it gets fixed if I report it?