8.5 upgrade 40% off ...

Makes me wonder if that means they have a new paid Cubase release imminent?

(Discount is just until sometime around the 1st week of July).

Where are you seeing that discount? On the site I see its still $49

http://news.steinberg.net/ov?mailing=1Q1ZWEW9-18C0VO9&m2u=1QTUPK1D-1Q1ZWEW9-T10JJI&etcc_rid=WQQ1LF8-Z3F10J1&etcc_mid=135081269865&etcc_med=NLR&etcc_cmp=Promo&etcc_ctv=B2C%20Cubase%20Pro%208.5%20Update%20Special&etcc_var=135081269865&pad=Cubase%20UD&rgn=EU-US-RoW-JP&lan=DE-EN-FR-IT-ES-JP

Thanks Alexis, I am downloading it now! Went from $62 Canadian to $37, hard to beat that. Retrologue II here I come :sunglasses:

No prob!

I read somewhere that if I wait till October to do this, I will get Cubase 9 for free. Wonder if that’s true.

And if it is true … I wonder if I can buy the update now at 40% off, not activate it till after October, and still get the free Cubase 9.

I doubt it will be a freebie, perhaps discounted some!

read somewhere that if I wait till October to do this, I will get Cubase 9 for free. Wonder if that’s true

it’s not when you buy it but when you activate it !

I thought that might be the case.

So does this sound right: Purchase the update now from 7.54 to 8.5.20 for 40% discount, don’t activate it till quite late in the year, even perhaps not till Cubase 9 comes out … activate it then, and get some kind of discount on Cubase 9?

Thanks!

Yes I have a student who activate his 6 version two years after lauch and have free 7.5…

Thanks again, I’ll probably do that.

Though I probably won’t actually “use” the Cubase 9 until it gets to something like 9.5.20, unless it is released in a much better condition than recent x.0 releases.

Yes that works, good call I’ll probably do that too.
I was already considering the upgrade because €30,- is dirt cheap, but saving it for a €30,- upgrade to Cubase 9 is probably even better.