Great thread and very informative. Dilemma of 8.x.x or 9.x.x on a 100pct fresh Win10 64 install…any input appreciated
Been thinking through this as there are a few dilemmas, pros and cons…I am leaning towards 9 at the moment.
Pros of 9
1)Probably more stable - old 32 bit plug ins blacklisted, stability does count for a lot in creativity and enjoyment/overall feel of control.
2) A couple of new features I would like
3) 9 will get updated
4) Won’t need to do fresh install of Windows/Cubase9 which is suggested if/when going from 8 to 9 (in the future) for maximum stability. i.e. plug in install/auth job again. Some people reported having problems with 8 and 9 on same computer.
5)Seems Access Virus works ok with 9 (even though this guy had some problem related to input latency which I won’t be using)
- Some forum reports suggest 9 does not work as stable when 8.x.x installed previously (probably reading VST .dll’s and possibly other data from Cubase 8 folder locations) Win10 fresh install has been suggested when upgrading to 9 from 8 (could be a problem if I install Cubase8)
- Is v9 workspace a little smaller? I only have 1 x 17inch monitor on this machine.
- Some people reporting problems with 9 and going back to 8.xx (could relate to con 1?)
- I will lose a few freeware effects etc. and need to find paid alternatives for 64 bit probably. Things like gates and weird quirky delays I like… simple and effective plug ins. Might be tricky finding replacements.
So I need to think a little bit more (with your input) but 9 seems to make more sense. Many say it is the most stable Cubase they have experienced. Any further reports appreciated.