9.0.30 graphics slowing after long session

Then was it even related to Cubase in the first place?

I wondered that since he mentioned Pro Q2 at the start and I have had similar issues with the graphics ‘slowing down’ in Q2 but not in other plugins

The “special” thing about Pro-Q 2 is that it is hardware accelerated. I’ve had issues with this before too in another DAW with DMG audio plugins in OpenGL mode, but it would depend on how many instances were open at the same time.

You can turn off GPU acceleration on all Fabfilter but Pro-Q2 then looks awful here.
I think I got this from the Reaper forum, when I was having some gfx problems a long time ago:

Windows: Click the Start button, type ‘regedit’, Enter to open the Registry Editor. (You might have to give permission to continue.) Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\FabFilter. Right-click and select New > DWORD (32-bit) Value. Name it GraphicsAcceleration and ensure its value is 0.

Mac OS X: Open Terminal and type: defaults write com.fabfilter.Common GraphicsAcceleration 0

I recently found out that my NVIDIA has a GPU meter in the management software so I opened it and tried some stuff… Cubase with the mixer stretched over 3 TFTs will use “some” GPU (maybe 15%) - Fab Filter uses about 40% on one of the GPUs (4 screens, 2 GPUs, you can see nicely on which GPU you have the usage when you move the plugin around)

I was not able to get glitches though, I opened 10 Q2, a couple of gates etc - at some point the GUI/Anaylzer started to slow down but I never hit 100% in the GPUs… The Fabfilter Q2 is one of these plugins where I usually only have one GUI open (like Fairchild etc)… so no issues for me here…

Fortunately smaller GUIs (Inflator and stuff like that) are not using the GPU so you can just plaster your screens with them…

But I like the idea that Fabfilter saves CPU and uses the otherwise more or less IDLE GPU for that.

I had no significant slow down btw…just that the analyzer (realtime) started to ruckle a bit when I loaded the GPUs in a heavy way.

I need to do more tests.

At this point all I can say is that nothing changed with the DAW config/install/addons between these tests. And that although I commented on FabFilter stuff slowing, all the graphics slowed - mixer meters included.

I’m going to check out the GPU meters and see what I find there.

BTW I’m running an nVidia 780Ti to 4 monitors.