9.5.1 On High Sierra, crashing and freezing.

I’m mainly trying to suss out if these issues are common, and if there is anything I can do to optimize Cubase to make things more stable.
I have googled, but haven’t found anything conclusive. Is this better handled with support?

I’ve only had a few sessions so far, auditioning Halion presets mainly, and testing the chord track functionality.

I’ve already had several instances of “crashing” - Cubase just quits - and “freezing” - The entire OS locks up to the point where I have to shut down the computer with the power button.

Computer Specs:

Model Name: Mac Pro
Model Identifier: MacPro6,1
Processor Name: Quad-Core Intel Xeon E5
Processor Speed: 3,7 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 10 MB
Memory: 16 GB
Boot ROM Version: MP61.0120.B00
SMC Version (system): 2.20f18
Illumination Version: 1.4a6

Audio interface: Focusrite Sapphire Pro 24, Buffer size 256.

Is it impertinent of me to mention that my other three DAWs (LPX, Reason, Live) work fine on this system?
The most obvious difference to me would be CoreAudio vs ASIO.

Is it that simple - ASIO being unstable on Mac?

Three crash files attached.
Archive.zip (81.7 KB)

Hi,

The crashes are from different Cubase areas.

Could you trash your Cubase preferences, please? If any other crash occurs, could attach the crash again with a small description, what you did before Cubase crashes, please? Thanks.

Hi,
Iv been experiencing crashes every time i try to save recorded audio on cubase 9.5
im running 9.5 on a macbook pro via an allen and heath zed10fx (switched to my blue yeti didnt help)
iv deleted preferences uninstalled and reinstalled cubase.
downfraded to 9.5.21…
…nothing seems to help :frowning:
please help me!!!
attached are the most recent (of a full weeks worth ) crash files
A
cubase crash files.zip (70.2 KB)

Hi,

I won’t to have a look to Cubase 8 crashes, it doesn’t make sense.

The Cubase 9.5 crash was in a plug-in, but unfortunately I can’t see what specific plug-in was it. Do you have more Cubase 9.5 crashes, please? Could you share them?