9.5.10 Crashes when loading drum maps

Everytime I try and load a drum map Cubase 9.5.10 locks up requiring a hard crash and restart. This is a new bug as it didn’t do this prior to the 9.5 upgrade. Is there a fix??

Hi and welcome,

How do you load the Drum Map? Is it a map created from the virtual instrument?

Could you share the Drum Map? Is it reproducible with multiple Drum Maps?

Hi Martin

Thanks for getting back to me. This is what I’ve have found and the steps I’ve taken to recreate the issue

1. Create an empty temp project
  2. Add Instrument Track and set it to Groove Agent SE
  3. Set the drum model e.g. Mighty Toms
  4. In the Inspector, create drum map from instrument - so far this first track creation process works with no problems
  5. Repeat for a second Groove Agent SE instrument track as above
  6. In the Inspector, create drum map from instrument - at this point Cubase locks up and does not recover, requiring a hard crash to get out of the programme.

I’m running Windows 10 and Cubase Pro 9.5.10.

Hope there is a fix as it is seriously impacting my progress on finishing a track I’m working on. The project I’m working on has Groove Agent SE tracks for snare, kick, toms etc, but with the map missing, some of the tracks are not playing the instrument for that track. Trying to set the drum map to to correct this causes Cubase to lock up. At first I thought it might be my project is corrupted in some way, but I’ve recreated the problem for multiple test projects.

Hope this helps diagnose the issue.

Cheers

Dave

Where can I find a full version of Pro V9.0 to roll back to?

Hi,

I can reproduce it here. Reported to Steinberg.

Martin

Good. Hopefully they can find a quick fix. In the meantime I need to roll back to Pro 9.0. Where can I find a download link to the full application? I don’t have a copy.

Cheers

Dave

Hi,

I sent you the link via PM.

Thanks for the link Martin.

I ran another test with Pro 9.0 installed, updating with Cubase_9.0.20_Update_win and Cubase_9.0.30_Update_win.

9.0.20 works fine running the test as outlined above, but when I installed 9.0.30 Cubase locked up as described above. So you might pass that on to the Steinberg team that it appears this particular issue points to something they did in 30 revision.

Cheers

Dave

Good to know, thank you!

Hi Martin

I’ve just installed the Cubase_9.0.40_Update_win update and changing the drum map as described above still crashes Cubase :frowning:

Dave

Hi Dave,

Could you share the crash dump file (located in Documents/Steinberg/crashdumps), please?

There are no crash dumps from this event - my machine just locked up and I had to force a crash using Task Manager as before

Dave

Hi,

I’m sorry, the fix has been done in Cubase 9.5 only, not in Cubase 9.0.x. It will be part of upcoming Cubase 9.5 update.

OK we shall see. Thanks.