9.5.20 crashes when I click on menu bar

I have trashed my pref file, uninstalled, reinstalled, updated from 9.5.10, deleted VST Connect Pro, reinstalled VST Connect Pro (VST Connect Pro was listed first on the crash log) Uninstalled all all of it and reinstalled it all again. Still crashes. I have been talking to someone at Steinberg through a support ticket and he’s being very helpful, but I figured I’d find out if anyone else has experienced this as I wait for a solution from them. Here’s a link to a quick video of my issue. BTW the video has no sound. I thought I’d let you know before you adjust your speakers :laughing:

Hi,

Share the crash dump file located in Documents/Steinberg/crashdump via Dropbox, please.

Here is the link :

Hi,

The crash is in the VST3Connect component. If you don’t use this, you can remove it.

I will send the crash to Steinberg anyway.

Can you tell me the path to get to that file so I can remove it until it gets fixed?

Right click to the Cubase.app. Then show the content, then Component folder. Remove vstconnect component.

Thanks Martin! Removing that file worked. However, at some point I will wish to use my VST Connect Pro again. Hopefully the problem will get corrected in the next update at the latest.

The one you removed is VST Connect SE, you can use VST Connect Pro.

Great news! I reinstalled VST Connect Pro as I had uninstalled it as well. All seems to be working again. Thanks for all of your help. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: