9.5.30 update causing problems with Sonarworks, Input transformer.

Whilst there seems to possibly be a problem with Sonarworks/Cubase 9.5.30 and Apple machines, i can confirm Sonarworks is working perfectly fine on my Windows 10 machine.

Thanks for the headup about the sonarworks. You guys have the latest SW? Either way i’m gonna stay clear for now.

+1 update the title so it will stand out “Sonaworks plugin major issue 9.5.30”

Again, the title of this thread is incorrect. The issues I found in the 9.5.30 update are Sonarworks crashing AND the Audio Pool not trashing unused files. This has been only for Macs btw.

You have another thread for the Audio Pool.

Just to clarify on SonarWorks under Cubase 9.5.30 on Mac issue… (Windows users this is not for you).

The plugin seems to work fine on Monitor inserts but not on Headphones. It is not profile related. I, like others I presume, have a ticket open with SonarWorks which they are investigating, but the latest update I had from them is that they are unable to reproduce the problem, although they know multiple users are having the issue. Strange. (I have done quite a bit of testing on it myself to come to the above conclusions, checking various permutations of SonarWorks configuration, etc.)

The best (least-impacting) workaround is to remove the Sonarworks insert from the Headphone channel(s) in the Control Room (CR). All projects should then be ok in Cubase 9.5.30. The Monitor insert(s) can remain. I also tested having the plugin in ‘headphone’ mode in a regular Audio channel and it seems to open OK, so the problem is very specific to CR Headphone channels in my opinion.

For those that are really stuck, to fix a Cubase that won’t open, do this:

1. Move (but don’t completely delete!) the Sonarworks plugins from /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST. (I do a normal delete to Trash, then ‘Put Back’ from Trash later).
  2. Start Cubase - it should start fine.
  3. Move SonarWorks plugins back to /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST
  4. Open Studio → VST Plug-In Manager, click on the little cog (settings) in the bottom left-hand corner to see the plugin paths, then click on the ‘Rescan All’ symbol (2 small arrows chasing each other in a circle) on the far right of bottom title bar where it says ‘VST2 Plug-in Path Settings’. Wait until it re-finds the SonarWorks plugin(s).
  5. Open Control Room and remove the insert from the any Headphones channels (even though it shows with exclamation marks signifying the plugin was missing when it started up) and re-insert the inserts on the Monitor channels (they will show with exclamation marks too), ensuring they are configured with the correct profiles of course.

That should be enough to get you up and running even though the headphone channel inserts will be missing.

I’ll post here again as soon as I hear anything more from SonarWorks.

…or an easier and worry-free option is don’t update to 9.5.30. :wink:
Not to be a d—k, but this update didn’t just mess with Sonarworks — there’s a few other issues it introduced on Mac (ie, the audio pool).