9.5 and Nvidia nightmares.

I upgraded from Cubase 7 to Cubase 9.5 over Christmas. Cubase 9.5 freezes after about 10 minutes of use, the sound still plays but everything else freezes up. It is unusable as it is, so I’m still using 7. I have an Nvidia Geforce GTX 750ti graphics card, and Windows 10 with all the latest updates and I’ve seen the post on the Steinberg website about problems with Nvidia cards. I know things like this occur but what has been really frustrating is not getting any answers from Steinberg - I got a support ticket over a week ago, and still no reply. No response to my tweet this morning either, I can see from twitter that others are in the queue as well - it seems like Steinberg are really understaffed, and poorly organized. I’m anxious to either get a refund or a guarantee that Cubase 9.5 will work on my system with the next update.

Please list your system components in your post signature. That gives people viewing your post some information to go on.

Make sure you have the correct chipset drivers for your motherboard. They might not be the latest ones. You might be better off installing the original chipset drivers that came with yout MB.

Have you installed the latest NVidia driver 390.65? Best thing to do is completely uninstall all NVidia software from your computer, then install 360.95 driver only, none of the other 3D stuff.

BIOS settings - have you read https://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=250&t=130129

Your issue may or may not be to do with the NVidia situation, although I agree that it’s a prime suspect.

I installed the latest drivers for the NVidia, but it looks like these are even newer, so will try these. I will let you know how it goes. Thanks for your suggestions, I don’t really want to start messing about with chipset drivers or my BIOS when everything else including Cubase 7 is running fine.

How about your power settings? Make sure that they are set to maximum power. Take a look at your USB hubs in Device Manager and make sure they don’t have the ability to reduce power at any time. Latest Yamaha USB driver?

You can always take a system backup of a working Cubase 7 setup, then make changes to see if C9.5.10 runs better. There isn’t one answer fits all solution to this issue.