9.5 from 8.5

[update]
50% off still available on these NI guitar VSTs
https://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/thanksgiving-2017/guitar/

I know all of this of course, but it doesn’t wash, Steinberg sold me the products It is their name on the licences, the packaging and so on. It is their software that won’t now read their own licences because of a policy decision. It has nothing to do with Wizoo.

As to your comment about 15 years ago, this is exactly my point. My pro career extends to triple that. Are you really suggesting that anything recorded over a decade ago is irrelevant?

I don’t even like Virtual Guitarist or it’s even more clumsy cousin Bassist, BUT those parts exist on the digital equivalent of my multitracks.

…and I think that’s my last word on this farce.

No, but software and hardware are discontinued for a reason: It’s either no longer commercially viable to provide support or they don’t have the things that are required to fix it if it breaks, such as hardware parts or in this case, code.

If running VG2 and VB is so important to you, get an used laptop, install 32 bit Cubase Elements 8 and use VST System Link to connect it to your main computer running Cubase Pro 9.5.

This wont be cheap, but it has other uses. For example you could also install 64 bit Cubase Elements and use it to run RAM/CPU-hungry plugins and libraries without using any additional resources on your main machine.

I’m with Parrotspain.
People like myself have paid Steinberg for software and expect support

9.5 is unstable-er…It was a rush to market… DOP, hahahahaha

Is it possible to run Synth Embracer in 8.5 ?
I’ve tried but couldn’t see it in the vst instruments dialogue

@ titchyblackcat. Yes Embracer works in 8.5.

To clarify my earlier posts, my issue with Steinberg on this topic, which seems to have resurfaced in the last few days is not primarily about 32bit or 64 bit plugin support or platform stability, VGTR GUI running with JBridge appears just fine in 9.5. It is that the ELicenses for Steinberg’s own VGTR and VBGTR have been revoked, THAT is the issue, I have seen nothing even vaguely close to a reasonable explanation as to why this is the case.

I am not holding my breath.