9.5 Most stable release in years?

Seems ok so far but then again I almost never had crashes in 9 using it every day. Overall loving 9.5 though.

Crashed for me once already: opening a Sample Track with a shortcut. It has only happened one time so can’t reproduce it.

And…no one can say things like most unstable or stable in years, because it takes months/years to evaluate if it really is stable or not. :wink:

Only takes a few weeks to know if the release is stable or not. If one isn’t having any crashes, that’s pretty stable. I used to get a lot of crashes, not no more.

Mostly the Jbridge 32 Plugins can crash 9 and 9.5, cubase will freeze up for a long time.
Rightclicking on a Jbridge 32 bit plugin can cause a freeze, then it returns empty screen.
So no worries, C9 and C9.5 are stable…

only x64 plugins here, nearly all VST3, no crashes, no freezes, no hickpus, just solid performance.
This is the first time my whole ecosystem is working 100%: Eucon, AKAI MPK, Elektron Overbridge. the only plugin that crashes eucon when editting inserts is my SSL X-Verb VST3, the VST 2 x64 version works fine.

I’ve also just purchased Vengeance Avenger with some expansions, Serum and Repro-5 VERY good times for ITB production at the moment. :slight_smile:
Yes there are some small cosmetic bugs, but for me these are not dealbreakers.

The most interesting one is that new VSTi’s get a nice purple track color in the inspector, but that color is found nowhere when you want to paint the parts the same color.

Ähm… some nasty bugs und crashes in 9.5_

after adding favorites in media bay, cubase hangs when entering selecting an entry in “Loops and Samples” - don’t know how to fix this, I’m not able to use Loops’n’Samples any more as long as I reset the whole AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Cubase 9.5_64 folder.

some days ago I lost the metronome click (after pc restart the click was back)

some crashes in channel strips editing

It would be nice if I could return to Cubase 9 or 8.5, but theres no download on Steinberg Website and my original 8.5 Download crashed with a harddrivee in my old PC.
No answer from support for 5 days for this issue - maybe at christmas?

Win 10 64 Pro
64 GB
8 Kernel / 16 Threads
RME Fireface

Are you not getting the “channels exceeded” prompts in Eucon?

nope, I have 2 artists and 1 transport and they seem to work fine. But I have never more than 80 euconized channels or so, maximum, not sure where that threshold is about to start?

C8, 8,5, and 9 were equally as stable for me, so I’m glad 9.5 continues with that.

C9.5 no crashes so far fingers crossed

Definitely better as far as full crashes. But 9.5 is the most problematic I’ve seen as far as audio processing goes. The processing is creating glitches for me, particularly with time stretching. I feel the direct offline processing looked good on paper, but it’s a nuisance really.

Would LOVE to see Sternberg reps acknowledging the issues we are having.

Been using Cubase since 1999 and it’s by far the most stable it’s ever been for me.

+1 to stability. No issues. Even virtual keyboard hot key have been fixed!

Stability is great… But DOP needs serious work…

9.5 has been good for me in most areas except one. It still does not like loading a different project closing down and opening within Cubase. I will often get the Cubase has stopped working window. As you can see below I am still on 8.1 - mainly because everything is otherwise fine and the thought of a week long headache of re-installing etc. is too much to bear. That will wait for a new machine.

8.5, 9 and 9.5 have been installed on this computer. All of which were very stable and getting better. So basically Cubase 9.5.10 is the best Cubase so far. That said there are some minor inconsistencies and issues. They’re so small even I haven’t bothered to really keep track of them. Cubase works here is safe to say!

Stability has been great here so far. Many thanks Steinberg!

Nothing to brag about, always been quite stable for me. Few crashes per week. More when using the sampler though and groove agent 4 :open_mouth: :open_mouth: the new 64 bit project bit rate is totally unusable. Idea is good though.

CB9.5 is very stable for me. Basically no show stopping issues at all. Thanks Mr. Steinberg.

Regards :sunglasses:

I agree that 9.5 is better than earlier versions. But I suppose you all will agree that developers cannot foresee all millions of setup variations that we - users - have around the world. I think, if we talk about one software’s stability, we need a clean computer, clean operating system (up-to-date) and clean installation of inspectable software.

Now my observations - I bought an audio device UR-242 and it brings me Cubase LE AI 8. That was two years ago. Then I buy upgrade after upgrade and now I am at the edge like all you professionals. So my computer never reinstalled. It have all files that is needed for Cubase AI 8, then Elements 8, then Elements 9, then Artist/Pro 9, then Pro 9.5. It have all upgrades of HALion Sonic SE and other software parts.

And for full happiness Microsoft gives us a Christmas gift - big update for Win10 after all is going terribly wrong.

So I think that I need to store safely all settings for my workflow and reinstall windows and then one and only one version of Cubase.

By the way, today I installed HALion Sonic SE 3 update to 3.1 and surprised that Cubase 9 and 9.5 are starting 3 times faster and loading my orchestration template momentaneously (defined all 110 Halion Symphonic Orchestra instruments, but disabled, 10 enabled). Strange. As programmer I fell that new installation cleans up something in internal cache and therefore there are such changes in speed and performance.

So, maybe for those who have some problems in performance - just reinstall something, at least HALion Sonic SE 3. It does something in deep.
Maybe -steve- or Martin Jirsak or who else from admins can comment this?