9.5 on a down spiral...

Hi people…

I upgraded to 9.5 without having any issues what so ever. At first that was. Started to have some minor issues with some glitches when pushing stop and it was like cubase had to think a little before executing my task. Then a few days later i fired Cubase up and loaded a project. Looked fine while loading then it just shut down. Not a hint on what happend. Fire it up again and all was good. Day after the same project, same thing. started good and then shut down. Next time fine. Later that evening it didnt start at all.

Worse is that now 9.5 wont load at all. it get stuck on Steinberg hub with a black screen. I really dont get this. I dont have much problems with any releases or upgrades from Steinberg even if most of us act like beta testers from time to time. But this is not good and since i have pretty much ported all projects now to 9.5 im pretty screwed. Not that it matter much since i just noticed that c9 hangs on exit and acts very strange.

I tried all “fixes” that i could find with similiar problems like Direcr2d etc. Win7 is up to date. It actually got worse when i did the last update since after that i get that black screen on Steinberg Hub when loading. Havnt made any other changes on my system so im getting really moody at this point. Its vital that my stuff is up and running as i guess it is for most. Should be like a big Warning sign somewhere that tells the true story, but ive learnt my lesson now and will change on how i upgrade any stuff from Steinberg… mostly since the only ticket ive sent a year ago is still unanswered but says resolved… lucky me :frowning:

Well well… if anyone have any ideas let me know i go back to try find where the problem is on my system that has gone wrong…

//Vaijj

Does running Cubase in safe start mode make any difference?

For me it’s also getting worse and worse. It seemed alright at first but now mixer history doesn’t work, some project files are terribly slow, some sends suddenly have no audio, tracks that are frozen suddenly ‘drop out’ on the end of the track. Then there’s the GUI glitches.

Cubase 9 was very stable from the start. But 9.5 ehhhh… not so much.

I will try if it runs in safe mode. Get back with a report on it. Can add I’ve now done some disc checks in case some may be on the way to give up but they seem fine. Running “who crashed” don’t give any info what so ever and that is pretty odd…