9.5 To 10 Migration - Setups & Templates

:laughing: I’ve got a couple of Templates that I’ve fine tuned in 9.5 and the basic setup stuff (MIDI Controllers, Audio Outputs and Inputs etc) does anyone know how to migrate that information from 9.5 to 10 without recreating all the work? I get tired of redoing my system with each upgrade. Any advice would be very appreciated!!

You are lucky to still have your 9.5 templates. My upgrade did not have the 9.5 templates copied to the 10 folder. Worst still the 9.5 templates were all deleted from the old 9.5 template folder.

It did seem to bring across my 9.5 Blank template though.

thanks for your reply - sounds like no love

I guess it would have been too much to ask Steinberg for detailed instructions on major version upgrading so that we better know how to migrate our personalization of the program. It is total crap that the upgrade to 10 goes into the 9.5 folder in AppData and changes it while creating a new folder for 10. Why change 9.5 app data if a new one is created for 10. And no options for migrating stuff is offered in the major upgrade.

In my mind this shows a terrible appreciation for what users go through. Just push the new program, make the money and happy sailing, and sorry if we punctured your sails.

https://helpcenter.steinberg.de/hc/en-us/articles/115000245510-Preferences-of-Cubase-and-Nuendo - paths stated here.

If copying shoudn’t work migrating templates should be as easy as creating an empty project in 9.5, open it in 10 and save as template as usual.

Mine were taken over without any action required btw. - didn’t happen on all updates in past, but most times.

Thanks so much I’ll work on this. Generally, I’ve never had a problem upgrading to a new version - always had to redo my setup. Happy for the improvements and looking forward to using C10