A Bit Of Help Needed Please (thanks !)

Ok, thanks. I think you must mean this one :-

I was thinking, I do have a couple of programs called CHICKEN SYSTEMS and also NERO but I have not installed them yet. They were on my old PC (Windows XP) which has now been replaced by my Widows 7 and 8.1. I am not sure if either of those would work for the tasks ??

Hi DF,

Mmmm ?? I keep getting “SCRIPT ERROR, CONTINUE” every time I try to install the HALion Sonic Orchestra ISO file. Though my Windows did automatically read the files in the ‘Cyberlink Power To Go - ISO Viewer’ onboard software.

Ta,

Paul

Yeah that’s the one. I’ve never heard of chicken systems before, I do know nero but I don’t know if it can mount images, all I know is it can burn them to disc but then again you could already do that.

This is what worked for me on my Windows 8.1 desktop ;

Left-click once on the ISO file to select it .
Right-click on the selected file and choose " Mount " from the right-click options .
A new file explorer page opens up showing the file as a virtual DVD drive with a new Path Letter ,
eg .
This PC / DVD Drive (G) Cubase 7
or This PC / DVD Drive (H) Halion Sonic

(It ascribes a new letter to the new " virtual DVD drive " )

Then just click on Autorun or Start Center as if it were a real DVD

Just to clear up a couple of points…
If your DVD Disc can’t hold more than the 4.6, then you need to get double layer DVDs. :wink:
Doubleclicking should mount them like a drive as mentioned however to do this with older OSs, you’ll need a utility such as the one linked to on the Cubase Download page “WinCDEmu”.

Thanks for your guidance. I looked on the Steinberg Downloads page but could not find the WinCDEmu sorry ?? And there is no ‘Search’ function on the site (as far as I am aware).

__

If your DVD Disc can’t hold more than the 4.6, then you need to get double layer DVDs.

Oh, I never even heard of those before mate !! :confused: I see they are 8.5 GB each.

So would these (on eBay be suffice) :-

Blueray could open another can of worms requiring compatible soft and hardware. I’d just get standard dual layer DVD blanks from a Store (Office supply stores will usually carry them).
The WinCDEmu applet needs to be downloaded just google it. :wink:

i downloaded and installed the winCDemu but immediately since then I have had a massive issue with zillions of ‘pop up adverts’ appearing all over the place. And also, when I try and update/maintanience/ or even access the eLicensor site it won’t let me access anything from it. For instance, if I click on ‘Download Latest eLicensor’ I am diverted to a non-related page of shopping adverts ?? Plus my internet Explorer keeps crashing every couple of minutes (which it has never done before). And finally it won’t play videos on You Tube and alike. I have tried for a good couple of hours to correct these issues but I can’t seem to get the settings back to normal. I am really stuck here !! :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Looks like time for a roll-back.
Software downloads should always be handled with care (and suspicion). Did you get it from Sysprogs.org?
I had a look at your OP and see you are running W7 on one machine and W8 on another. I was led to believe that the WinCDEmu applet was only necessary for older OS (7, XP etc.) it should not be necessary for W8. Did you ever try clicking on the ISO file or seeing if it had a context menu? You should really include your system info in your signature line - saves questions and false assumptions.
I’ve always taken the physical disc route (i.e. burning to disc) and so never tried the emulator. Since this (WinCDEmu) was suggested in the Cubase 7.5 Download page I figured it was the best utility to recommend.

Looks like time for a roll-back.

Yes , thats what i have just had to do. i wound it back to 4 x hours before i downloaded it just to be safe. But it really has significantly changed almost everything I had ‘personalized’ over the passed 3 x months. And wiped half of my music/photo/video libraries (though I have them backed up on an external HD).

Software downloads should always be handled with care (and suspicion). Did you get it from Sysprogs.org?

It was from a site called SOUNDFORGE and it had a McAfee shield of approval next to it.

I had a look at your OP and see you are running W7 on one machine and W8 on another. I was led to believe that the WinCDEmu applet was only necessary for older OS (7, XP etc.) it should not be necessary for W8.

Yes, that seems to be correct. i installed the ISO files onto my Windows 8 using the ‘Cyberlink Power To Go’. Not sure if everything is totally as it should be yet but it did seem to work with me just following the prompts.

Did you ever try clicking on the ISO file or seeing if it had a context menu?

No, i did not try that yet.

You should really include your system info in your signature line - saves questions and false assumptions.

i thought i had included enough info. Where do i locate the additional System Info please ??

I’ve always taken the physical disc route (i.e. burning to disc) and so never tried the emulator. Since this (WinCDEmu) was suggested in the Cubase 7.5 Download page I figured it was the best utility to recommend.

i just ordered some dual-layer dvd’s off eBay to burn onto for my Windows 7. They are very expensive @ £2.00 each.

That’s a lot of money and effort :open_mouth:.
Whatever floats your boat, but I installed my HSO in less than 10 minutes after downloading Virtual Clone .

This is a direct link to the installer:
http://static.slysoft.com/SetupVirtualCloneDrive.exe

edit: Oh wait, that installer is in Dutch :smiley:. Let me find the english one.
edit2: mmh, even CNET links to the Dutch installer. Oh well, you can try installing it anyway, depending on how good your Dutch is :stuck_out_tongue:. It’s fairly straight forward though, and once installed you can change the program language to English (or many other languages for that matter). When it’s done installing you’ll find a new icon in your taskbar, and if you rightclick it, hit ‘instellingen’ and go the the ‘taal’ tab you can change languages. From there on it’s very easy to use. Tell it to mount your ISO and you can open it from explorer like a regular CD/DVD.

Anyway, I just read that if you doubleclick an .ISO file in windows 8 it’s automatically mounted, you shouldn’t need any additional software for that. That would by far be the easiest way to do it.

Thanks Strophoid,

I will download the installer ta.

Yes that’s correct in that on Windows 8 you do not need any additional software.

If I have any issues with Windows 7 then I am just going to ask Steinberg if they can post me a dvd with the ‘trial’ versions for HALion Sonic 2 and HALion 5.

Cheers,

Paul

Thanks all for your help. I appreciate the replies and I have tried out all your advice.

I have had to submit a Request Support to Steinberg to see if they can resolve the issues. It really needs someone to take Remote-Access of my PC’s and see whats going on because its been a couple a couple of weeks now since I made the new software purchases and experiencing these problems. My latest issue has been that since I installed the ‘trial’ for HALion 5, my Cubase will not open or it takes about 10 x mns and about 5 x mins for each VSTi to load !! Driving me mad now !! :confused: :confused:

Cheers,

Paul

Steinberg are posting me physical dvd’s of the recently purchased software. In the meantime I have been advised to uninstall everything.

I have UNINSTALLED all my software and reinstalled it again following the advice of Steinberg. The whole damn thing took nearly 5 x hours to do both PC’s !!

I was told to re-download everything but I can not see GRAND 3 SE or HOS of which both I purchased during the ‘Valentines Sale’ ?? I looked all over the Steinberg Shop site !!

Why would you need a download if Steinberg sent you physical DVDs?

Because they said everything I currently own can be downloaded via the Steinberg site. And that the only two discs they are able to send me are HALion Sonic and HSO. Ta.

Received discs for HALion Sonic Orchestra and Grand SE this morning. They loaded in fine but still having massive issues with them not appearing and missing-files !!

Will have to get first hand help from Tech Support next week… :confused:

Tech Support took remote-access of my home PC today and sorted most of the issues in about 45 x mins. HALion Symphony Orchestra was just not showing up anywhere and so the technician ran a Plug-In (Devices) UPDATE several times, and after making lots of changes here and there it is finally working now. I would never have been able to sort the problem out as it was way to technical for me and involved moving lots of things around in the Program Files.

Just need to get a few small things ironed out now and then everything should be back to normal !!