A bunch of questions on Cubasis

The “WiFi Server” option seems very interesting. It is touched upon very briefly in the “Cubasis video tutorial, part 3” (without sound to boot) and the online manual also has a very brief description. A video, dealing with the “WiFi Server” specifically would be most welcome.

Here’s a bunch of questions.

1. How do I determine whether a track is Stereo or Mono when recording via Inter App?

2. Is it only possible to use one instance of a an app via Inter App? Can I have 2 MIDI tracks play back on two instances of Nanologue (for example) or a multi-timbral instrument?

3. Is it possible to have the click during pre-roll (count-in) only, as in Cubase?

4a) It is possible to record several “parts” on a single audio track. However, I see no way of managing these “takes” (such as Lanes in Cubase).

4b) If I want to record several takes, for later comping in Cubase. Which is the best way to go about this? Especially considering that the recorded audio files doesn’t show anywhere (see 5).

1. Where are recorded audio files stored? I was under the impression that they were stored in the Cubasis Media-bay. There is a “My audio files” folder in the audio-tab. I was expecting to find them there, but it appears to be empty. Where are they?

If one or more of these actions are impossible, please consider them feature requests.

I’ve come across another issue (i find it so annoying that I regard it as an issue). I have a blue-tooth speaker, that I’ve been using with my iPad for quite a while. The “normal” way that iOS deals with it is that, when the speaker is turned on iOS automatically detect it, mutes the internal speaker and sends the audio over the blue-tooth connection.

Cubasis screws this up completely. Not only am I required to turn on blue-tooth manually (in the Cubasis settings), other iOS apps (such as Music) no longer operate “normally”, but follows the Cubasis settings.

I really wish that Cubasis would follow the iOS “normal” mode of operation and transmit the outgoing “master” audio to where iOS decides it should go (i.e. auto-detect when a blue-tooth speaker is used).

Hi,

below are some answers to your questions.

Limited by Apple, it is only possible to use once instance of an app.
However the included instruments in Cubasis (Micrologue, Microsonic) can be used for various tracks. Following your example, 2 MIDI tracks in Cubasis can be played back with different Micrologue instruments at once. Please consider that several instances of Micrologue can easily put some weight on the processor (track freeze can be of help if required).

The rec mode settings are independent from the click mode, therefore it is not possible to set click during pre-roll only in Cubasis.

As of now Takes/Lanes are not supported with Cubasis.

Audio recordings are saved with the project you’re working on.
Simply double tap on an audio event to open it in the audio editor and choose “Save to Media” to save audio recordings or other material permanently. Saved files will then appear in the “My audio files” folder (MediaBay/Audio) and can be easily used in other projects etc. When sharing/exporting projects all corresponding audio files will always be automaically included.

Best,

Lars