A collab

Hello!

It’s been a while. Anyway, I am almost finished with this old collab with HornForHire who did most of the sax parts and especially the great solo.

It has been a lot of fun (and frustration) to make this tune. Kudos to Wim, awesome player.

Comments welcome.

Onneksi Olkoon

Hiya Ari. Good song, what’s that weird guitar sound in the left speaker? It’s too prominent in the mix and took me a while to recognise it as a guitar. I’m still not convinced it is a guitar :smiley: Maybe turn it down or lose it altogether. It’s too distracting for me. Dunno about anybody else though…
I’d give you specific times where it occurs but it’s that crappy Quick Time player :imp:

Cheers
Phil

Hiya Phil,

thanks for feedback. You can download the file here: http://www.arimus.fi/mp3/demo/

Ari

Sounds very smooth, well arranged and mixed. Maybe you changed it since Phil commented, but the guitar on the left works for me.

Hi Ari,

Long time no see!

I remember doing this, great stuff!
Very Steely Danesque, so it’s right up my alley. :sunglasses:

You specifically asked me to do a freaky solo, I think it turned out well and fits the song.
Mix sounds good to me, the horns are schweet. :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Wim

Well that’s a great track. Smoking sax Wim. :wink: Love those saxophonics/squeaks. :confused:
Where you been hiding them?

Ari, you are a cool boostard. :wink: :laughing:

By the by, how old is “old”? Seems Wim barely recalls it. Not that it matters.

This is lovely - and the (Finnish?) vocals make it even cooler than Steely Dan. Sounds effortlessly jaaz/funky.

Steve.

Groove is killin got my neck movin side to side and back and forth. I love the guitar part, it’s totally unexpected… and the horn parts & great sax solo. Really nice made me feel like I was driving through NJ. Where are you located? Would love to see lyric translation

Thanks Early21

Yes, you nailed it. Somehow I’ve got a feeling that I’ll need your services again pretty soon… :stuck_out_tongue:

Old is 3.5 years. That is old.
:laughing:

Hi Steve, nice to hear from you. Why don’t you post some, it’s been a while…

Thank you very much. I’d love to write in English, but it is just too difficult for me. As for the finnish lyrics, the narrator is suffering from internet addiction/compulsive buying disorder. Not an average love song.

Thank you very much. I’d love to write in English, but it is just too difficult for me. As for the finnish lyrics, the narrator is suffering from internet addiction/compulsive buying disorder. Not an average love song.[/quote]
I spent a month in Helsinki, I went for a week and couldn’t leave…wanted to stay forever (was a long time ago) wish I could remember where I played. Also got some session work there it was to much fun