First of all, absolutely love Cubasis. I’m a Cubase 7.5 user so the reduced feature set is challenging, but fun. It inspires me to do more with less and it’s already helped develop ideas that I have later worked on in the full version. And seeing that familiar Cubase UI on an iPad is cool as hell. So great work so far guys
With that said there are a few things that I feel are missing/could be improved:
• Auto Quantize (unless it’s there and I’m missing it)
• An option in settings to merge MIDI when overdubbing/recording in cycle
• Some very basic MIDI functions in the part editor, such as legato, fix note length, delete doubles
• The default behaviour MIDI editor behaviour (tap to select all, hold to select single) should be reversed.
And now for a couple of slightly more wishful requests:
• Micrologue performance; admittedly I am using a non-retina iPad Mini 32Gb but the synth/sampler in Nanostudio is extremely low CPU considering the number of features it has. I can run 4, 8, 12 tracks of the Eden synth compared to 2 Micrologues.
• Groove Agent Micro/Nano, with tune/pan/send options for all pads, the ability to load sounds from the internal library and a sample function so I can record the sound of my spoon hitting my teacup and turn it into a hi-hat or something
That’s it! Looking forward to 1.9 and beyond.