A couple of quick questions.

Hello Super Users,
I have a couple of quick things to ask so that I condensate them in this thread to keep the forum clean.

Here we go, please:

-Does exist something that you double click and it come back at 0 position into Cubase? i.e. you are panning, double click on the panner and it comes back at starter position, then you restart panning again.
-Delay in milliseconds: If I need to posticipate a track of 8 milliseconds do I need to write 8.00?
-When do I need to toggle between musical and linear mode? I usually leave musical as default. Is it correct?
-When do you manually change your Warping Alrorithm?
-How to set “Stereo Combined Panning” as default, under preferences?

Best!

1. ctrl+click
  2. not sure I understand the question
  3. Use Musical when you want a part’s beginning and end points to remain at the same bar/beat position when you change the tempo. Use Linear when you want the beginning and end points to remain at the same hh:mm:ss position when changing tempo.
  4. It depends on what you are trying to achieve. Do you want to preserve timing at the expense of pitch or the other way around. Or perhaps behave like analogue tape where changing the speed affects both timing & pitch. There are a bunch of different variables that get involved. See pg. 447 of the Ops Manual for all the details.
  5. Preferences/VST, first item.
  1. thanks.
  2. http://imgur.com/a/NjMns Red arrow = Am I moving the event by 3ms? Green arrow = what have I to write to move the entire part to the right i.e. by 8 ms? 8.00?
  3. Still difficult to understand :confused:
  4. thanks.
  5. thanks.

Yes, 8.00 will delay it by 8ms & -8.00 would play it 8ms earlier. But remember this isn’t moving the actual part it just adjusts when the part plays back relative to its current position. If you want to change the position of the part, adjust its start position on the Info Line.

Regarding Musical vs. Linear Time Base (not Mode which refers to a file setting in the Pool) you can try it in a dummy project and see what happens.
Create Project with 120 tempo and a MIDI Part between bars 4 and 8 on a Track set to Musical TB. Make sure the ruler is set to Bars & Beats.

Change tempo to 80. You’ll see the Part still goes between 4 and 8.

Reset Tempo to 120 and then switch Track to Linear TB.

Change Tempo to 80. Now the Part doesn’t go between bars 4 and 8.

Reset Tempo to 120 and then switch Track to Musical TB. Also change ruler to Seconds and remember where the Part starts & ends in seconds.

Change tempo to 80. You’ll see the Part’s start & end points in seconds have changed.

Reset Tempo to 120 and then switch Track to Linear TB.

Change Tempo to 80. Now the Part’s start & end points are the same as they were at 120.

It’s just a way to deal with the fact that changing tempo moves when bars & beats occur in real time. In 4/4 at a tempo of 120 bar 30 will start at the 1 minute mark. But if you change the tempo to 60, the bar 30 will now start at 2 minutes.

So Musical TB means you are gluing the Part to a timeline measured in bars & beats.
Linear TB means you are gluing the Part to a timeline measured in seconds.

You are a Cubase Guru! Thank you!