a cubase 9 feature request... =D

If we could drag and drop wave files from a windows explorer window into a sampler loaded inside of cubase, without having to resort to the media bay. for example, taking a bounced wav file and throwing it into kontakt 5 loaded inside of cubase via windows explorer :slight_smile:

I think this is something we could all make use of on at least some basic level if it were implemented.

also, additional question…didn’t know if it would require another thread. is it possible to add file types to the media bay? for example, a kontakt patch that would otherwise need to be browsed within the kontakt window?

would love to do everything within one browser interface.

ADDITION the problem starts when you want to drag audio files from the project into kontakt. Why does this not work, when you actually can do it from media bay? An interim solution would be to support this from the pool or make a separate media bay window for current project???

I/WE NEED A VOCALIGN AUTO VOCAL ALIGNING FEATURE IN CUBASE VARIAUDIO I HAVE BEEN ASKING FOR YEARS I AM STILL USING CUBASE 5 .5 SO AS SOON AS YOU ADD A AUTO VOCAL ALIGNING FEATURE IN CUBASE VARIAUDIO I AM UPDATING IMMEDIATELY I HAVE BEEN A CUBASE USER FROM DAY ONE’’ OVER 20 + YEARS I WILL NEVER USE ANOTHER DAW UNLESS YOU STOP LISTENING TO US…PS. I AM STILL NOT HAPPY THAT YOU STOPPED THE ( PHONE TECH SUPPORT )

The biggest thing for me is Pro Tools like Smart tool automation editing, make a selection and drag up or down to have all automation follow. Plenty of posts in this forum asking for that workflow. Right now the behavior is like holding down option in Pro Tools and using the smart tool to make a selection and the going to the top to use the trim tool to bring it down it will not create end nodes in the selection (not holding down option in Pro Tools which is what many need). Loop and penciling in to fill the loop points writes over all you automation with a fixed setting of the last point in the loop not cool a lot of the times when doing vocal rides.

ARA Support I would love to be able to use Melodyne and have the key controls and gain handles on individual notes without running it as a plug-in and having it mess up signal flow and editing.

+1

I would love to see a feature to allow remote FX over Ethernet (LAN) to a slave computer! A Cubase specific feature much like VEP pro 5, except with VST Plugins, not just VSTi’s.
Hope that is in the near future! It was going happen from Vienna Software, but now seems to be on the back burner…

Now that machines are getting more and more cores and the 64 bit problem in OS’s got to do with memory capacity I think VEP type software may become less important in the future so I imagine some companies are not going to put investment into that are maybe

Actually that’s what I usually do… drag & drop a wave file from Explorer to Kontakt that’s hosted inside Cubase.
Possibly because I have my Windows 7 UAC disabled and login as an Admin priv user… but here I can do exactly that.

To be honest, I wasn’t aware Media bay works as a drag source to Kontakt. I’ll try that next time :unamused: