a decent glissando symbol/tool please

I am working together with a friend who uses Finale and I of course use Cubase. I convert my scores into XML and then he imports it in Finale. This goes reasonably well. When I was as his place I was amazed at how easy he could draw a glissando from one note to the other with the accompanying notes sounding. It would be awesome to be able to do that in Cubase too.
At the moment there is a glissando tool but totally not sufficient for drawing a glissando for piano or any other than guitar.

If my first wish is not possible then give us at least an extra symbol to draw a glissando from one note to the other without the accompanying notes but at least to make clear to the musicians what we want. Using the hide tool we can always add the notes by hand.
Does anybody know a way to add a decent glissando in a standard way?

Unfortunately, there is no tool in Cubase that automatically replaces discrete notes with a gliss symbol. As you said, yourself, you can Hide the unwanted notes, and use a “regular” Line symbol (there is unfortunately, no “wavy” line that is freely adjustable), accompanied by a text “Gliss”, as in the jpg in the following link…
Incorrect Channels Settings Window opens - Cubase - Steinberg Forums (last two posts)