A Few Burning Questions

Hi there,
I have a few questions about Cubase that I still can’t find a way around… Let me know if there’s a way around these little ditties.

1. Is there a way to change mode from Linear to Tempo and vice versa for all selected tracks at once?
    (the alt+shift method doesn’t seem to work) - This would be especially useful when re-writing existing cues… I’d have to keep the midi in place while shifting the tempo map, and then would have to unlock them after.

2. in the VST Instruments Menu (F11), is there a way to drag the VST Instruments into different slots? For example, if I deleted a whole bunch of VST Instruments from a template, and I have 3 blank slots and some blanks in-between other Enabled Instruments… There should be a way to re-organize them by dragging or something… right? …or not?

3. Is there a way to use the first tool, on time-stretch mode, to time-stretch Midi… like to compress and expand it, in the Midi Editor Window? I’ve tried but it doesn’t compress or expand the Midi, and instead only lengthens it or shortens it.

Or must i use one of the Midi Plugins from the menu and/or timestretch it as a Midi block in the main Track Window.

4. In the Score Editor, How do you input a staff/stave break?

1. In the Score Editor, How do you insert Multi-rests ( like |–8—|). Is there a way? If not, i’ll just use Sib/Finale, but just wondering.

Thanks!!
    I know I could’ve posted each of these in 5 different topics, but they aren’t major issues or anything.

Not terribly useful, but I know that 3 is possible, I’ve done it before :wink:
Only used it once, but iirc it just worked selecting the ‘clock arrow’ tool and dragging the part.

Re: #2 - I just saw a video that showed doing just that. It was click in the empty space (I think just next to, or just above) the name of the instrument in the rack, and drag.

If that doesn’t work, post back, and I’ll see if I can find it (I think it was on one of my ASKVideos).

This one doesn’t work… could you check for me, I’d appreciate it. It would be really helpful to be able to do that!

Thank you!

Will do. Next DAW-time, this weekend.

Let me know if you ever get a chance to check this out =) thank you!!

I just went and checked my AskVideo for you. Sorry, JonOngMusic, the video I saw was for rearranging plug-ins in the insert window (by clicking and dragging in the empty space above the name), not instruments in the F11 window. Not saying there’s not a way to do that, just that it wasn’t what I was thinking of.

Hopefully someone will answer with a way for you!