a less expensive Omnisphere like VI

Can anyone recommend a less expensive VI, that’s not to hard on a CPU, similar to Spectrasonics Omnisphere?
Something with some nice soundscapes that could be used for film/TV work.
I own Trilian and Stylus RMX but the price point on Omnisphere is out of my league.
thx.

After googling and listening to quite a few demos on Youtube I’m liking the sound and price
of Zebra 2.5.
Only negative I’ve been able to find is that someone said it used up the CPU a lot.
Does anyone have any first hand experience with Zebra 2?
thx

There’s a free version of Zebra that you can play with, see how it works for you.
It sounded great for me, and I didn’t feel the need to pay for the full version.

Trilian, IMO has all the effects and functions that any synth would have, including Omni. Just because they say it’s a bass synth does not mean that you can’t take a sine, saw and do anything that any other raw synth could do. What you wouldn’t have however are the recorded samples and presets, but it’s synthesis… Again all the basic tools are in Trilian to do the same things that other synths do, but no one talks about that.

I don’t mind paying a reasonable price for anything, as long as I feel I’m getting my money’s worth.

I think that Urs and the developers at u-he.com deserve to be compinsated for their work, especially after they
offer a Demo version and their work warrants a thank you buy paying for it.

Interesting point about Trilian. I’ll have to look into that.
Thx for the feedback.

Alchemy by camel audio.

I have to agree with johngar that Alchemy from Camel Audio will probably fill your needs quite nicely. Camel Audio also sells packaged soundsets, including ones designed for cinematic soundtrack work (see Logic Pro - Apple).

Here are some other suggestions you can consider:

Go to KVR Audio and search the Plug-In Database for all synths with the keyword “soundtrack”. Make a list of the ones that interest you. Some of these synths will also have been reviewed by readers.

Other software synths worth considering, though you also need to ask about package or bundle pricing or wait for a special include:

Heavyocity’s Evolve and Evolve Mutations (1 & 2). These only work, however, in the Kontakt product from Native Instruments.

Native Instruments’ Absynth. You need to compare the pricing of this one synth with the Komplete bundle. The Komplete bundle includes other synths and sample players such as Kontakt, FM8 and Reaktor.

Waldorf’s Largo