A little more detail please on parts issue

I am experiencing the parts issue that has been reported in a couple of other posts. The one, where all part seem to contain all the other parts. I read one of Daniel’s responses: ‘to delete files whose names…Library/Application Support/Steinberg/Dorico’
After locating libraries, I got as far the Steinberg folder, but there was no Dorico folder within that. There was Components, Content, Download Assist and some HALion related folders too. I presume this must be significant in someway.
There is no urgency for me in this. I’m currently using Dorico on a very low priority project, just to familiarize myself with the program.

Many thanks,

Ian Schofield

You’re probably looking in the system Library folder, which is in the root of your Mac’s hard disk, whereas you need to look in your user account’s Library folder, which you can get to by typing Ctrl+Shift+G in a Finder window, then pasting in:

~/Library/Application Support/Steinberg/Dorico

and clicking Go. The tilde at the start of the path is a Unix shortcut for “the home folder of the current user account”.

Are you aware that there are two library folders on your mac? One for the specific user, and one global.

This is the address to the global folder:
/Library/Application Support/Steinberg
This is the one to the user specific:
~/Library/Application Support/Steinberg/Dorico

The easiest way to access these is to paste the address into the ‘Go to folder’ function in finder (Cmd+shift+G)

By the way - it would be easier to help you, and to navigate this forum in general if you kept related issues within the same thread.

Thank you both for your help. As may be apparent, I rarely delve below the surface of the desk top.

Ian Schofield

PS

Anders, I take your point about keeping things together. Unfortunately in this instant I couldn’t find the original thread - though I have now found the search facility at the top!!

Ian