A 'noob' like inquiry, concerning tracks display…

I’ve searched in the Cubase 12 Pro operation manual, to no avail… So, could someone point me to what these are for (the marks surrounded with yellow, in both the arrange and MixConsole pages) ?

C12_TracksLightGreymark_Arrange

C12_TracksLightGreymark_MixConsole

They appear by 8 tracks blocks : if I select the track 3, the 8 first tracks will get these, and if I select the track 20, the tracks 18 to 25 will get them (there is a folder track as n°8, in this project, and folder tracks aren’t marked for an obscure reason…), this no matter if any tracks grouping is defined or not.

Thanks for any enlightment… :slightly_smiling_face:

if you have an external controller, the white lines correspond to which group of 8 tracks are currently being controlled by the controller.

…or something like that. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Aha ! Something to look more closely at, thanks ! :slightly_smiling_face:

I do have two controllers with a dedicated MIDI Remote script for each of them, but the strange thing is that I use them essentially to control Cubase functions. One of them (a StudioLogic VMK-188Plus keyboard) has its 8 knobs mapped to the 8 quick controls of a given selected track, though. Could this explain that, and why the 8 tracks blocks ? :thinking:

unplug it and see, perhaps.

I actually had this same question not just 3 or 4 weeks ago that I also came to the forum to look up… I had forgotten about the white lines from several years ago when I did use a controller with 8 motorized faders that I could move around to different groups of 8 tracks inside cubase. But for some reason, I forgot about the white lines and they either reappeared recently, or I just haven’t noticed them for a long time and for some reason started to again… I do wonder if nothing is plugged in, whether Cubase knows to not show them.

No need to unplug them, actually : disabling both scripts in the MIDI Remote manager>Scripts pane make the marks disappear. If just one is left active, no matter which one, the marks remain.

So, you were right about the fact that these marks are related to remote control. But I’m still wondering about the 8 tracks blocks, which have nothing to do with what is set in either of the scripts involved…

Thank again for the help, though… :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like