A open plea to Steinberg... again....

Mainly for Wolfie, since we’re pointing out issues, here’s an annotated version of the OP list. Important note, it was never intended to be a bug fix list, and I’ve never argued for ONLY bug fixes (not quite sure where you got that notion from). The criteria that most of us seem to have understood from the original thread is bug fixes, core usability issues and small feature improvements that make big operational differences. So:

ASIOguard 2 improvements re VE Pro

At the moment AG2 and VE Pro are incompatible, and the only solution recommended is to turn it off. This makes the CPU use very high. This massively affects media and film composers, many of whom are still on C7 and earlier purely because of this issue.

CPU optimisation

I concur with many who report other DAWs (and indeed VE Pro) to be far less intensive on resource use. Given that AG2 cannot be always used to mitigate, there is still much work to be done. This, incidentally, is a “feature” that would benefit everyone.

Disabled track bugs and feature improvements

There are still bugs when disabling tracks, saving, opening and then enabling. Quick Controls are absent (auxes too I think) and I think sometimes you still get the old issue of midi input dropping off. In terms of feature improvements, see this thread - Disabled tracks - workflow enchancements - Cubase - Steinberg Forums .This is an excellent example of how seemingly very small and unshowy improvements could make a transformative difference to workflow. Disabled Tracks is a killer Cubase feature, or could be.

Quicktime Export

Again, a long requested feature that has a transformative workflow for anyone who has to work to picture.

Enhanced duplicate tracks

Disabling the new window edge pop ups

I’d be happy to see them go completely, it’s UI nightmare at present. The single biggest step backwards in 8.5 for me. [BON-18357] Option to disable new 8.5 window edge pop ups - Cubase - Steinberg Forums

VCA record arming (though I hear this will be addressed via a post by a Steinberg rep on another forum)

Here’s the thread - this is quite amazing to have not been addressed over a year on, since its a rather embarrassing misunderstanding of how VCAs are used - VCA record arming - Cubase - Steinberg Forums - incidentally, this maybe could do with some added support in Issues, it gets cited a lot from people but unless there’s another VCA thread I missed (and there might be) then it seems under-represented. I’ve heard professionals openly laugh at Steinberg’s current implementation - that’s a bit harsh, but it is certainly long overdue addressing.

The point of listing these in the OP was not to say “these are the issues that really matter to everybody”. These are the issues that most matter to me though, and none are addressed in the 16 options presented to us in the poll. So its an example of a serious user whose needs aren’t at all addressed by Steinberg’s proposed solution. It doesn’t make Cubase unusable of course - I’m personally finding it pretty stable and of course it has some terrific features (and - amazingly - STILL the only game in town for controlling midi CC over EuCon). But if we’re seeking improvements - and it looks like a lot of us are - then the poll is a demonstrably poor way of achieving them.