A Revelation

I don’t ever post but in this case I had to share with people who might benefit. I have a stellar monitoring setup. JBL 4345’s powered by Bryston 28BSST and Bryston 7BSST2 amps. Why the showing off? This is why… I discovered the secret of why JBL monitors (well at least JBL 4345s… And I have owned 4333s, 4343s and 4430s) are incomparable. The trick is turn them up as loud as you can possibly stand and you will hear everything… And I mean everything in your mix. Naked and unvarnished; the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth so help me god.

But, you say, doesn’t it matter where you are standing, you know, modes, reflections and all that? Answer: +/-30 degrees off axis between 5 and 12 feet from the monitors, mix is perfectly uniform. How’s that for a sweet spot?

Bragging over. Buy JBL4345s and move your studio into a bunker.

Until next decade

Casey

Thanks for sharing. I really liked the part about turning them up as loud as you can possibly stand. Kind of reminded me of a Black Label Society show at the Pig Pen in Clinton, Iowa a few years back. It doesn’t matter where you are standing if it’s so loud it hurts. Ohhhhh … the brutality! :smiling_imp: What was that you said? Is that ringing in my ears bothering anyone else? Come again …

1 Like

Funny you should mention Black Label Society… I was working on a metal prog tune when this all went down… I kind of see it like this… You can absorb only so much radiation in one dose… Same here…

Reminded of another story about mixing Who’s Next… Apparently they had a battery of six pairs of JBL 4350s… Now THAT’S noise…

YEAH!!

fifteen letters,OK…

2 Likes