A short Soundtrack - So Close Yet Out Of Reach

sometimes it takes a dangerous sickness to make us remember the ones who really matter to us.
I wanted to show hope of reconciliation and fear of never getting to apologize and being together in one track. was I successful? :slightly_smiling_face:
Instruments (all VST) : strings, Piano , bells , Setar

new link

Hey man,
I would say that my main feeling was sadness. Hope perhaps, but like in the backgroundā€¦

Thanks Bruh
yeah I agree, but in my defense I think hope is a very hard thing to capture, since itā€™s a thought process rather than a heartfelt notion, I thinkā€¦
Thanks for the response :blush: :slightly_smiling_face:

Had the feeling that it had just started when it ended. Loved it for sure. Wonderful theme. So I assume this is a cinematic cue, right?

Yo
Thanks for the kind words, itā€™s classic story of stable boy and the princess but in this case the princess is a girl that goes to the city and forgets the boy and then she is quarantined in hospital and the boy comes and helps the hospital staff , one day she looks at him from hospital window and has the feeling of ā€œhope of reconciliation and fear of never getting to apologize and being togetherā€. but itā€™s not made into a movie yet Iā€™m just fiddling around with ideas.
check this as well:

1 Like

Masoomi, ā€œYour Empty Seatā€ is beautiful.

yeah I think itā€™s my best (up until now :slightly_smiling_face: )ā€¦ Itā€™s gonna be used for the same movie though the budget is tight for this one :innocent:

Masoomi, I like it, but I feel, and this is just my opinion, you need a little more tonality of sadness and void, perhaps a lyrical violin? here or thereā€¦

Thanks
yes I will definitely try that idea my man

Hey,
I definitely liked these two soundtracks! But I think thereā€™s something missing. I didnā€™t have the ā€˜wowā€™ effect yk? I donā€™t mean anything bad! But maybe try to go in a different way to get out the melodies. (Like different instruments etc)

Agree! I was waiting a bit for something like a turning point. But no offense - tastes differ! :slight_smile:

Like they other saying, so are there missing the ā€œWOWā€ feeling, but still i think itā€™s great work.

Iā€™m not sure I agree with anyone at the moment. But, then again, thatā€™s me all over.

I think the music has a kernel of absolute humanity ā€“ caring, sharing and yet vulnerable. Sure, itā€™s only a snippet but the layers are clear. There is depth and sadness in the strings, brittleness in the bells and filled nicely with the rest. Can it be developed? Yes. Does it need more? Depends on the context.

Carry on.

All the best

Jonathan

Hello @deliah
Thanks
As @moggs pointed out, context will determine the amount of brain process a song is allowed to absorb, to the point that you might decode to delete the song all together.
:blush:

Hi @Ukulele21
Thanks for the listen, assuming youā€™re talking about " So Close Yet Out Of Reach" ,yeah this definitely is true but do all songs really need a turning point, I think the things happening on the screen dictate.

Yo @anon62697558
I guess I could have made it better for a single time listen, but my aim was testing if my song created the emotions that the director intended or not. :thinking:

Hello @moggs
Glad you liked the piece
Very keen of you to detect the bells and their purpose, I agree with you, it depends on the context and the context is as of yet but a cloudy vision of ā€œa girl that goes to the city and forgets the boy and then she is quarantined in hospital and the boy comes and helps the hospital staff , one day she looks at him from hospital window and has the feeling of hope of reconciliation and fear of never getting to apologize and being togetherā€ but more so sadness in her heart. :sneezing_face: