A Virtual Yamaha Genos Arranger as a plugin.

The yamaha PSR series, Tyros, and Genos arranger are useful for the musicians. Is it possible to provide a software version of such instrument. I think Halion has some similar feature or core function as the PSR arranger. Is it possible to go further to have a similar user interface or workflow?

1 Like

This is an excellent question but I need to really understand what is being asked here

Since we cannot render Yamaha Genos instruments when we recorded as a midi file to be render to Audio in Cubase 12 professional is there another alternative

Can we take the instruments in the Genos and convert them to VSTI?

Hopefully will get some feedback

Alan Russell Rosenberg

Professional arrangements since 1968

I would think you can use your external synthesizers in Cubase by recording MIDI and later, when you are happy with the performance, record the audio from the synth via an audio interface back into Cubase. This is how I have done it since back when Cubase didn’t have any audio capabilities and was MIDI sequencer only. (But then we of course recorded to tape instead.)

No, MIDI can not be rendered to audio on its own. That would be similar to asking a musician to play sheet music without any indication of what instrument it was written for.

Well I guess I’m stuck in real time recording from my midi tracks I assume that’s what you’re suggesting since the Yamaha Genos are not VSTI instruments

Alan Russell