AAF Import problems

Its seems as if the latest Nuendo updates have broken some aspects of importing AAF files …

Last week I worked with an editor for a couple hours trying to get an AAF imported properly … We did finally get it done - but it required some very unconventional avid export options to make it happen …

Last nite I ran into a similar situation with another AAF …

On import N55 seems to go through all the motions and copy all of the media fine … but it’s having trouble importing the EDL info and reconstructing the project … In all failures N55 only shows track 1 of the project and not even all of it … But just the first clip of track 1 and that’s it …

I happen to have Nuendo 5.1.1.651 on my Mac laptop and it was able to import this same AAF without a problem …

I think it’s difficult to point the finger at AVID for this one as much I would like to …

Anybody else experiencing these problems?

This latest import failure was attempted on my new iMac i7 Quad at my home studio … I’ll confirm the problem on my PCs down at the office tomorrow …

Please fix this ASAP – this is unexceptable

felixx

I always use 5.1 to import AAF. AAF in 5.5 is seriously screwed.
I hope the upcoming update solves the problems.

Ollie

Thanks for the confirmation … I guess I will take your lead and do the same … It’s funny I import OMFs and AAFs all the time and I’ve just starting having problems with this …

I guess thats a good question - Are you having these same issues with OMF? or is it just AAF?

thanks

Sine 99% of the stuff I receive is from Avid MC 5.x, I really don’t receive many OMFs anymore. Recently I had an OMF from Apple that actually worked well.

Ollie

5.5.2. is out, but according to the info there are no AAF fixes.
This is like a car without wheels, guys. You cannot wait until April with this kind of fix!