Ability to lock MixConsole configurations

It would be great if a user can lock configurations. That would help when adding new tracks that this feature prevents that newly added tracks auto populate to all configurations.

At the moment if a user has say 10 or 20 configurations in place whenever a number of tracks get added the user has to manually remove the newly added tracks from all configurations and that doesn’t make sense in my opinion.

A key command toggle Lock/unlock current configuration would prevent that issue.

I have a configuration called all Tracks. There i am fine if all tracks in my project show up. But i don’t want to see and then remove all newly added brass or synth tracks from my strings and percussion configurations!

5 Likes

+1!

2 Likes

Could you elaborate on that? (screenshot or page on manual). Would like to know which configurations you are talking about, sounds like a unknown feature to me :unamused:

1 Like

Mixer Configurations

1 Like

I don’t know how to upvote this, but this is probably my most requested feature right now. Just a simple lock icon that prevents new tracks added from appearing in old configurations. The current behaviour of adding the track to every configuration wastes hours of my time cleaning up.

2 Likes

Hi Samphony sorry to bother you mate, thanks alot for making this request! It’s probably been forgotten about and the majority don’t know the impact it will have on their work and projects time. Please vote for it using the vote button. This is a huge time saver for cubase users who uses 2 or 3 mixers in a single project! That’s why we love Cubase because it allows to push things to the extreme! And beautifully organize all our sessions! Soon I’ll make a video to raise awareness on how important this feature adds power to cubase! Love to all!

2 Likes

I’ve upvoted my post and if i find the time i can do a video as well. :white_check_mark:

1 Like

I’ll send you my video as a message when I finish it, please do the same!

Not sure you need to provide evidence – this is probably in the top 5 list of FRs.

2 Likes

I was tempted to reply that adding more tracks than you actually need, removing them from the MixConsole and keeping them disabled until you need them is a temporary fix. But it wouldn’t be, as the “enable” operation would also enable the tracks in the MixConsole’s “center” zone.

Visual example

09 - 7.

Project Window configurations are in the same boat.

EDIT 1:
But the user has the ability to create a macro that when run, will hide the newly created tracks from all (ore some) of the existing Project Window or MixConsole configurations. This is why I removed my vote on the current feature-request.

EDIT 2:
This is how the macro should look like:

1. Select the 1st configuration (Visibility Configuration 1)
  2. Hide the selected channels/tracks (Agents: Hide Selected Channels/Tracks)
  3. Update the configuration (Update Visiblity Configuration)
  4. Select the 2nd configuration
  5. etc…

It works in both the Project Window and in the MixConsole.

1 Like

Was Visibility Config Lock / and or / Mixer Lock Added to Cubase 11? - Plus - Individual Track Lock - Cubase - Steinberg Forums

…I’ve got 20 Project visibility configurations in my template, and the same amount for MixConsole.

Every time I add a track, it gets added to 40 Configurations…

1 Like

If you’re on a MAC, there’s nothing an Applescript preset can’t do. Here’s a good tutorial for beginners → link.

But, are you sure you need 20 visibility configurations?

1 Like

For my “master” template? yes.

1 Like

Same here.
It renders configurations pretty much useless for me.

Makes me wonder if the people programming Cubase have ever used it in practice?

2 Likes

you may also be interested in this idea

‘Add New Workspace’ optional inclusions: MixConsole1 Vis Config, MixConsole2 Vis Config, Project Vis Config, MediaBay directory, etc - Cubase - Steinberg Forums

1 Like

For the moment, the best workaround is to use only 9 configurations. The first 8 for fixed setups and the 9th one for all tracks. Other configurations ( > 9) should be used only to keep track of the new tracks you further add. For example, configuration 10 can be named: “NEW TRACKS ADDED AFTER FINISHING THE BRIDGE”. Sometimes is better to find a way to live with the bug, than waste time trying to kill it.

2 Likes

It don’t see how that would solve anything.

The whole point of this feature request is that ”fixed setups” doesn’t work/exist.

I use 8 configurations and tracks are added to all those configurations continuously without me wanting it (config 8 is an ”all tracks” config for me).

1 Like

I know it’s not a solution, but with a macro you can remove newly created tracks from the first 8 configurations. Read again the post in which I explain how to make the macro. If you don’t succeed creating it, PM me.

1 Like

First of all I’d like to thank Alin89c for introducing me to macros!
After some time using his suggestion which I’m very thankful he posted and shared with us because it was driving me crazy that I couldn’t accomplish what I wanted until he suggested it!
But I gotta say I’m still not satisfied, and I think implementing the lock feature will be a great addition to what Cubase currently offer in this area “Mix Configuration”. So please take this one step further and give us the ability to lock them! :heart:

In the binary system’s name, amen. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like